Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry for some of the outages today. UPGRADES

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry for some of the outages today. UPGRADES

We're now now on a new server, yes again. This one is a real server, dual CPU, mirrored drives, 100mb network. This one should be faster, and hopefully it won't crash like the last one. Still some changes to do, wish me luck.....Ed

Your contributions made this new server possible. Thanks guys and gals.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

No sweat big daddy, this site is the best in the world
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully a little faster now too!

And with fewer outages.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly-- nobody can complain cause you upgrading site, although I have to admit it does get frustrating when one can't fish(weather-Illinois) & then one can not read about(favorite web site) it. Probably lots of it my fault, as I have not sent in my Donation yet!!!!!!!!!!! My e-mail sytem is jazzed up and has been for several weeks so I cannot get into paypal, but it will be sent by February(wishfulthinking). Don't know what a new year resolution is???? but on my to do list is to make a donation here & to buy some jigs from folks on this great site, might as well spent my money(mostly small change) with some good people...................................
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Ed, you should NEVER apoligize. You are the one that has made this world a better place to fish. No Edhead No Crappie.com. Thank you and GOD bless Edhead.

Post Thanks / Like

Best site on the net. Thanks for what u do edhead.
    Live and Learn."Life's short fish Hard"

Post Thanks / Like

thank yoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly-- nobody can complain cause you upgrading site, although I have to admit it does get frustrating when one can't fish(weather-Illinois) & then one can not read about(favorite web site) it. Probably lots of it my fault, as I have not sent in my Donation yet!!!!!!!!!!! My e-mail sytem is jazzed up and has been for several weeks so I cannot get into paypal, but it will be sent by February(wishfulthinking). Don't know what a new year resolution is???? but on my to do list is to make a donation here & to buy some jigs from folks on this great site, might as well spent my money(mostly small change) with some good people...................................
    Then,, when someone shows me how to catch a 3# crappie in Michigan. I'll pay his dues.:D

This is still the best site there is.
    I'll never complain.
    Thank you for your great work.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ed:

The site is flying now!!! Email Notification and the Advance Search tool are working again too! The basic Search isn't working but I like the Advanced Search much better anyway. Some members may not realize how useful the Advance Search feature is.

For those interested, first click on the down arrow just to the right of "Search" in the black tool bar above each thread. Then click on "Advanced Search". A screen will come up giving you several options. If you're looking for a specific topic just enter a keyword for that topic under "Keyword (s)", scroll down and click on "Search Now".

If you're looking for a specific post by any one member you can enter a Keyword from the post - for example "Weedless jigs" - under "Keyword (s)" and then enter the members name - for example "crappiepappy" - under "Search By Member's Name" and then click on "Search Now". Every post that crappiepappy mentioned "Weedless" or "Jigs" will come up with one or both of those keywords highlighted in red in each post.

There are also options for setting parameters for number of replies to the post and date range to narrow your search. You can even sort the results by ascending or descending order.

Happy searching!!!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ed,

My hat's off to you. We all appreciate your sacrifice and efforts to keep the board up and running. Here is hoping that you have successfully exorcised the demons that were haunting the board.

Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast