Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Reports Anyone ?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing Reports Anyone ?

Hello Georgia Anglers, anyone having any luck or has the rain turned them off everwhere. Man it is tough fishing around here. My fishing buddy and I are going to Santee cooper tuesday God willing for a couple of days. Will give a report when we get back. Lets hear from all of you when you go. Good fishing to everyone! Jimmy S.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

hello jimmy i havent ben seams like every weakin there is something comes up or it is raining . the river came up 5 ft and was muddy . dont know about this weakin . i have to pull the trannie in my motorhome tomorrow and cut the grass . there isso much fresh water and muddy they want bite . the cat fish might in the river . i have to much to do so i guess i will have to wait till another weakin . will, post the results when i git to go . papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Fishing Reports-Rainy Days

Thanks for your reply Papasage, Good to hear from you ! Sorry about your tranny trouble in your motor home. man that must be a bad job. Hope it all works out right. I know what you mean about the rain, It sure has messed up the fishing around here too. You know it's bad when you can't catch a bluegill with wax worm grubs. Thats the pits. O well it will get better. Take care and let us hear from you later, Gods Blessings Your Way ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Tore em up this Friday 13.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Tore um up

L,H,S, Nice catch! That sure was not the case at Santee Cooper. The fishing has been bad there for the last four or five days from what every one was telling me. I found brim and shellcrackers on the bed but they were small. I caught one nice shellcracker, one pound and four onces. One bass[geen carp] two pounds and eight onces. even the catfish were not doing much but I had a good time and enjoyed myself. I caught one small crappie. We had enought fish for a fish fry last night and enjoyed some good company. Good Fishing to all! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been going due to my messed up knee. I went once down to the gulf with my Dad, but standing in the boat all day caused my knee to swell up something terrible. Doc's say nothing is torn so I have one of them elastic braces on it, and I am keeping off of it as much as possible. Hopefully in a couple of more weeks I will be able to hit the water regularly. Missed most of the spawn, and by time I get back on the water it will be time for summer pattern crappie. (If I can quit fishing for big 'gills long enough! I love fishing for them as much as Crappie). Nothing like a big 'gill on Ultralight tackle.
    Last edited by Dutch; 05-13-2005 at 03:01 PM. Reason: cuz I cant spel...
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Big Gills

Hey Dutch, Sorry to hear that knee is still giving you trouble, I know what thats like having just had mine replaced this past Dec. Hey man you talk about catching big gills, I love to do that! I have a tackle box full of jigs and lures. If it looks like a gill might hit it I will buy it. I think sometime I am a sucker for anything that comes out that looks like a gill might like it.Hope your knee gets well soon! Good Fishing when you can. JimmyS.

Post Thanks / Like

Man you guys ain't the only big gill fishers! I don't think there's nothing better than a 1 lb blue on 4lb ultralight!
    I fish Miccosukkee just across the state line in Fla and they's some whoppers there!

Post Thanks / Like

The blue you are referring too, is that the Blue Runner, as in the saltwater fish.... watch your fingers around the mouth of that "critter", they know how to shread a jig in the first swipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Bluegill

LHS, I think he was refering to a bluegill. Hey Blind Hog those large bluegill sure does sound good! Man you can't beat that on ultra light rod and reel. jimmy S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast