Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outboard Motor...dealers ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outboard Motor...dealers ?

Thought I would post this here for I hope to get more responses. Have been looking to purchase a new motor (will stick with Evinrude) and from my location and checking I will need to go north to KC or maybe Nevada for a dealer. Any of you guys know any good dealers and the people that run them? Bought my current motor at Sports Boats USA in Springfield. Need to find a place that will take mine in trade in. Have called a place in KCKS that sells just motors and would probably take mine as trade but want to explore everything and know all my options before I splurge.

Any advise sure would be appreciated!

Thanks

John

Reason for sticking with Evinrude...have had 4 and they have been pretty good. Maybe someone could convince me to go with something else. Thought about Yamaha (2 stroke) but then I checked into Evinrude and from what I know they have probably the most efficient units available (according to them). Thats why a place like this can give you unbiased information...not just the stuff that a dealer throws out to you.
    Last edited by drifter106; 12-31-2007 at 05:08 PM.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

John,

Not sure where you are located and I am for sure NOT a motor expert.

Anyway, I have a buddy that traded motors this summer at Eberlin Boats in Herman MO (573-486-5897 or www.eberlinboats.com ) He got the new Evinrude E-Tek and loves it. (He traded in a Evinrude older model 2 stroke)

I bought a different boat about a year ago and it has a Yamaha 90hp 4-stroke on it and I have had zero problems so far with it. It is good on gas milage and starts like a dream.

Hopes this helps a bit - happy new year

Mark
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark lo
    John,

Not sure where you are located and I am for sure NOT a motor expert.

Anyway, I have a buddy that traded motors this summer at Eberlin Boats in Herman MO (573-486-5897 or www.eberlinboats.com ) He got the new Evinrude E-Tek and loves it. (He traded in a Evinrude older model 2 stroke)

I bought a different boat about a year ago and it has a Yamaha 90hp 4-stroke on it and I have had zero problems so far with it. It is good on gas milage and starts like a dream.

Hopes this helps a bit - happy new year

Mark
    mark,

I am in Iola Ks. Nevada is about 57 miles to the east on hiway 54. Will check into your suggestions...

thanks
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have heard good things about eberlin. But that would be about 4 hours
    from you.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 115 Yamaha and Love it starts easy and very quiet and economical. I got mine from center city marine in Springfield, great bunch to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you try black you will never go back! : )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by basscatman
    Once you try black you will never go back! : )
    WHAT HE SAID

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Yamaha ohhh noooooo owned 3 Evinrudes & 1 Johnson DAM GOOD
    ENGINES. swore i'd never own a Mercury, went to buy a new lowe 170 stinger and all they had on them were Mercs.The dealer told me to try it for a week and if i didnt like bring it back.Well i didnt take it back bought the stinger with a 75 Optimax LOVE it starts right up,quit,and easy on fuel.
    enjoy life while you can FISH

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 115 hp Yamaha. I'm please with it's performance and fuel efficiency. It was a Hurricane Katrina victim, but the boys at Hydrotech got all the bugs worked out of her.

Things to consider:

Johnson and Evinrude have much better quality now that Bombardier is their owner.

If service is what you're looking for. Mercury has the most dealerships and repair facilities in the country.

I would recommend fuel injection over carburated motors. Carburators seem to have more issues with running smoothly when not used on a regular basis. Fuel Injections are one turn, one start. None of the Re-ge-ge-g-ge-ge-g on a cold morning. Plus you don't wait for them to warm up a whole lot before sticking them in gear.

If efficiency is what you are looking for. When I was shopping around I found many spots on the internet where they posted performance and efficiency on the same boat with diferrent motors. These analysis were helpful in making my decision.

Don't throw Suzuki under the rug without taking a good look at them. Strong reliable engines. They had one model that didn't have a single recall or warranty issue the first year of a redesign. This is quite unusual in the outboard motor world.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

After 30 years of Evinrudes, Mercurys and Johnsons, I bought my first Yamaha in 2003. It is an '04 model 90 h.p. 4stroke. Its hands down the best outboard motor I've ever owned. Reliable, quiet, fuel efficient, powerful and has never given me a minutes trouble in any weather.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast