Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your most successful brushpile made from what ever works

Post Thanks / Like

Default your most successful brushpile made from what ever works

this is my first year to really put forth some effort and sink structure every trip out which is every weekend reguardless of weather, I am trying all kinds of different spots, and all kinds of structure, today I put out bamboo in 5 gallon buckets with about 30 pds of concrete in 25 ft of water they avg. about 7 ft. tall. I just started this 6 weeks ago so far most of the spots have'nt produced, today we did get 25 on one of our spots, a rocky point with a hard bottom, 17 ft. deep on cork and fly. Have you accidently got real lucky with a brushpile and it produces year after year..

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider04
    this is my first year to really put forth some effort and sink structure every trip out which is every weekend regardless of weather, I am trying all kinds of different spots, and all kinds of structure, today I put out bamboo in 5 gallon buckets with about 30 pds of concrete in 25 ft of water they avg. about 7 ft. tall. I just started this 6 weeks ago so far most of the spots have'nt produced, today we did get 25 on one of our spots, a rocky point with a hard bottom, 17 ft. deep on cork and fly. Have you accidently got real lucky with a brushpile and it produces year after year..
    Yes. I got one. Waypoint W0104. It is a brush pile that I "restock" every year.

I fished in, around, and over a lot of stuff in my lifetime. It is hard to beat a good old lay down brush pile. I have dropped brush in the water in the morning and caught fish off this brush the same day. Fishes like sticks. It is a natural habitat. Fish know their sticks.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider04
    this is my first year to really put forth some effort and sink structure every trip out which is every weekend reguardless of weather, I am trying all kinds of different spots, and all kinds of structure, today I put out bamboo in 5 gallon buckets with about 30 pds of concrete in 25 ft of water they avg. about 7 ft. tall. I just started this 6 weeks ago so far most of the spots have'nt produced, today we did get 25 on one of our spots, a rocky point with a hard bottom, 17 ft. deep on cork and fly. Have you accidently got real lucky with a brushpile and it produces year after year..
    Could you tell me about your cork and fly tech? I have been fishin it some for the first time and have not had much luck. Also kinda akward to cast. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote "Fishes like sticks. It is a natural habitat. Fish know their sticks"
    Are these the ones I see in the store labeled MRS Pauls Fish Sticks ? :D :D
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I've dropped tons of brushpiles (mostly Christmas trees)in ponds over the years and some of them I have had good luck, some not so good. I plan to drop a brushpile in a local lake soon and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I have better luck with real trees especially when time is a factor but we use all kinds of structure

Post Thanks / Like

We like to find green trees that have fallen over and drag them out and sink them where we want them, but givin a lil time xmas trees work well when hung under docks, tie them under the dock as far as you can so other people dont see a rope hanging and hijack your spots
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I love the cork and fly method and have fished it 100's of hours and in the process have gotten good at detecting light bites when the brushpile thins out. But conditions have to be good with light winds. I will have a picture maybe today if my satillite will get thru, right now weather is bad. Several years ago made a bad decision and my number 1 fishing spot in a crappie usa tourney was a bust, my back up was not far away muddy creek at weiss lake, but had already wasted 2 prime hours. We were pushing in 7 ft. of water and the bite was'nt bad, when the sun got up the bite was slow but we had 6 solid keeper the kind you don't mind weighing in front of a crowd, but we needed four more, when I run over abrush pile one pole hung up the other had a fish, dropped a marker, fished cork and flys over it and finish in top ten. I all ways have it ready to bale me out.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used all types of trees with oak or persimmon being my best choice for building brushpiles. They have a lot of narley limbs but not a lot of small stuff. Also the ones located on a drop-off always seem to produce the best.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Default brush...

pretty hard to beat hedge...specially if its had time to sit and collect algae.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast