Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: road runners

Post Thanks / Like

Default road runners

I was trowlling the site and came accross some discussion on road runners cant remember the site but was wondering how some of ya'll thought of the lure I have some used them once in awhile never did much good with them. any advice on the use and size of the road runner and which type. you know with or with out feather./plactic ??? talk to me

Post Thanks / Like

Default RE: RoadRunners

I use Road Runners quite often. Usually 1/16oz and occasionally 1/8oz. I find curly tail plastics work best for me on them. Their great for locating fish. I cast until no more bite, then usually long pole for them. Doesn't seem to matter between colorado or willow blades. Both work.

Post Thanks / Like

I used them over at Kentucky lake with some good results but very little around here. I made and painted about 100 1/16 and 1/8 If you want I'll give you some to try. I mainly used them in open water on the breaks and gravel shore lines with out much cover. Their a good searching tool because of the flash and vibration of the plastic tail I put on them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some and never caught a thing on them.your welcome to them if you want then Beagleman:D

Post Thanks / Like

I've had decent success casting them when the fish are shallow in the spring. Black and chartreuse in either 1/16 or 1/8 if I want them to run a bit deeper. Red and chart have been OK, too. I've had my best luck with the Crappie Thunder plastic skirts.

They're not bad for casting although I still prefer vertical jigging a regular old jig, with a nibble of course. Good luck, Beagle!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

I have good luck in the spring when they are chasing. A few of my cousins us them no plastic tipped with minnows.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barn dog
    I used them over at Kentucky lake with some good results but very little around here. I made and painted about 100 1/16 and 1/8 If you want I'll give you some to try. I mainly used them in open water on the breaks and gravel shore lines with out much cover. Their a good searching tool because of the flash and vibration of the plastic tail I put on them.
    big dog bring them with you when you come sat. if it all works out you and kit.. jj bring a couple with you if you can come to stockton the 29th. we are gonna put out some bed's... and I will show you some of my super secret spots to fish they are so secret i cant find them most of the time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishingee
    I have good luck in the spring when they are chasing. A few of my cousins us them no plastic tipped with minnows.:D
    Exactly....i also use them to spider rig with tipped with sliders or minners.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

i like throwing them in spring and summer, great for trolling also. work great on drop offs, creek / river channels. great for night stalking in the summer months too. jm2c
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

I throw them quite often in the spring when the fish are holding just off the banks and after they move up to the bank. Fish them slow, slower, and even slower. Chart/Chart curly tails have always produced more fish for me. I have also had great success with them dragging them across the bottom on creek channels in early spring. Just fish one like you would a plastic worm for bass. Watch your line. Good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast