Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What would you give up?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you give up?

For financial security?

I read a study recently on how much money it would take to "Marry for the money". Almost everyone that was asked had 7 figures as a requirement. This got me wondering, what would a person concede in a mate if they were assured of never having to worry about money again? Would you do without the physical appearance? Sex? What if they were a slob? I mean that if other needs were met, if you only had to remove one thing. Say you met someone that met all your wanted criteria save one. Which would you concede if that person was financially well off? (Assuming of course that money isn't one of your criteria to start with) For example, you meet someone that you hit it off with, have lots of fun, great personality, everything seems great, except he or she has one thing that you really just do not like. Maybe that person has an annoying habit or is greatly overweight. Or maybe they are physically what you want, but they have no sense of humor or their sex drive is opposite from yours or is dumb as a brick. You get the picture. What one relationship characteristic would you trade and live without forever, for financial security? Understand, this is prerequisite on being a new relationship. Love doesn't factor into this equation at this point, but this lack of a particular quality may result in love not happening.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you do without the physical appearance? Sex? What if they were a slob?
    for some the above is already true:D
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

It want matter, I married for love the first time and only time, and about to starve to death, go for the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rowdy
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

You mean I was supposed to GET something for putting up
    with all this?

Kidding, I'm lucky she puts up with me
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

No matter what attracted to you in the first place, you will all ways wonder if you could have done better after you have commited. It don't matter how much love there is. At least this has been my own personal experience. I would suppose it is other's as well considering how much infidelity there is in the world. How commited are you willing to get so you will not yeild to temptation later on???
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

I married the youngest of 9 Children whos father was a radiator repair man. I never came from money and neither did she but we are the richest people on this earth with our Children and each other
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

33 years this coming March....Never has alot but we both feel like we could have done worse. We have 3 grown kids and some grand kids. I am content.
    Gone Fishing

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't get something for nothing. Last time I got something for nothing took 7 trips to the doctor's office to get rid of the "something for nothing". Repeat here.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"