Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crappie Poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Poles

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some really good crappie rods I can get my Dad for Xmas. I've researched a bit, and a lot of people like those Mr. Crappie Wally Marshall Combos. Anyone have any input on those? I didn't see much of anything else. But those seem to be pretty decently priced on BPS.

If anyones got any feedback on these, please post. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

You can't beat BnM Crappie Poles. I use the 10-foot Crappie Wizard Richard Williams Signature Series poles for my slip-float rigs and 11-foot Buck's Best Ultra-Lite Jig Poles for pole-in-hand fishing. They stand behind their products and offer replacement tip sections so you don't have to replace the whole pole if you damage and break one.

They also have rods for casting, dock-shooting and trolling so no matter what methods of crappie fishing your dad uses they have the right pole.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

brentalous see this post on BnM rods on sale its on page two of this section thanks to crappielimits,

11-26-2007, 10:10 PM
    crappielimits
    Crappie.com Legend Join Date: Jul 2007

Wally Marshalls On Sale!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best crappie rods are on sale for Christmas! Check link below!

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults
    Last edited by jaxsprat; 12-02-2007 at 10:33 PM.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

B N M 14' pro trollers all the way
    FISH-ON!!!!!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question question is ....

Quote Originally Posted by brentalous
    Hey guys,
    I'm looking for some really good crappie rods I can get my Dad for Xmas. I've researched a bit, and a lot of people like those Mr. Crappie Wally Marshall Combos. Anyone have any input on those? I didn't see much of anything else. But those seem to be pretty decently priced on BPS.
    If anyones got any feedback on these, please post. Thanks!
    how does "Dad" like to fish and what length rods is he comfortable with ?? Are you looking for combos, or just new rods ?? Knowing this will allow us to be more specific ... rather than just brand loyal.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I just received two of the Wally Marshall rods from BPS that were on sale for $24.95. Gonna try them out for the first time on Greeson the end of this month. Never fished with a 9' rod before. It's going to be different, but should be easy jigging into the bamboo. The rods look like high quality.

Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Poles

I SELL AND USE THEM ALL!

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    how does "Dad" like to fish and what length rods is he comfortable with ?? Are you looking for combos, or just new rods ?? Knowing this will allow us to be more specific ... rather than just brand loyal.

... cp

Length doesn't matter too much, but I'd be looking for good combos-for sure. would BnM be a better and more reliable choice over Wally Marshall brands?

Post Thanks / Like

Cant go wrong with a 10 foot BnM Bucks Best Ultra-lite Jig Pole with some cheap spinning reel if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to make a good combo on your own, the Shimano 2500 series is a very durable spinning reel for a very reasonable price (usually 15.00 or less at walmart). I use them in my guide service and they put up with alot of use and keep on going. Either one of the FX or AX models is fine, doesn't matter. Spool her up with some Trilene Berkley XT and you're in business.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast