Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Today is just another reason why

Post Thanks / Like

Default Today is just another reason why

NCAA football needs a playoff system. Look at whats probably gonna happen. Ohio State is gonna walk in the back door simply because they were idle. :rolleyes: Get rid of the Pres. of Michigan (staunch supporter of the BCS format) and make this thing accountable. Bottom line...its all revolves around power and $. What in life isn't though. Georgia and Kansas didn't even win their divisions so cut through all the feces and put out a field of 16 and let the strong teams advance.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

Will never happen. +1 is the best we can hope for in the next 3 to 5 years.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't disagree with ya. I'd like to see a playoff start three weeks before the end of the season. To whittle it down to the main contenders. If a univerisity doesn't qualify by the deadline, they are playing for honor only the rest of the season. Then the bowl games would be 1st vs. 2nd............
    But the $$$$ rule as you say.

G>
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Default it's the rankings

Here's a big solution to the problem - how in the world can you rank a team before they play!!!???? Seriously, it makes NO sense - we are giving some teams a head start and holding others back based on LAST YEAR - are you kidding me!!!

If the rankings did not start until the end of week 3 - a lot would change...yeah, some of those no name teams would lose some money - because nobody would schedule CUPCAKES!

In the end, a playoff system is better - but hold off the rankings until the end of the third week - that will change up things a lot!!! IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drifter106
    NCAA football needs a playoff system. Look at whats probably gonna happen. Ohio State is gonna walk in the back door simply because they were idle. :rolleyes: Get rid of the Pres. of Michigan (staunch supporter of the BCS format) and make this thing accountable. Bottom line...its all revolves around power and $. What in life isn't though. Georgia and Kansas didn't even win their divisions so cut through all the feces and put out a field of 16 and let the strong teams advance.
    I am not in favor of NCAA title games in football. We forget why the young men play NCAA sports when we look for title games. They are in (are should be) college it learn, now that learning maybe to make them better in the sport they play best. NCAA football has been turned in to the minors for the NFL. Each year only 100-150 NCAA players make it to NFL training camps. With less than half of them making the cut to play NFL football.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing