Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Racoon 11/19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Racoon 11/19

Another great day on the water! Arrived at the lake around 1 and started culling 10" fish by 3:30. Ended up with 25 crappies, 15 whites, 4 largemouth, and 1 22 lb channel cat. All fish were caught on 1/16 oz jig and came from less than 10' of water. Water temp was around 50 degrees and appeared to be close to turnover as it had a brown tint to it from the narrows north. Water level about 4 or 5 feet from winter pool.

Post Thanks / Like

Were you on Raccoon or Cataract? You said narrows, never heard of that on Raccoon.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always called the area where it makes the sharp left and sharp right turn the narrows on Racoon. We also call the area out in front of the Walker ramp where they do a lot of striper fishing Walker Bay. Don't know if any of those are official terms, but they are areas where we spend quite a bit of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this makes me wish I had a boat. I haven't done well lately. Got out to Big Walnut today and caught some smallies, biggest being a 17"

Post Thanks / Like

I went out yesterday and caught a little of everything, Gotta say it was a pretty good day overall not the best but i'm happy. We caught dinks down deep and worked for the bigger ones shallow!!!