Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Row

Post Thanks / Like

Default Row

No I don't mean row your boat. I caught several female (12 1/2 in) female white crappie on Sat. with yellow row in them. Several weeks ago, the basic same fish had white row in them. I had investigated this with a knowable friend two weeks ago and he said that in fish that once the female matures, she will just reduce the blood flow to the row sacks after spawning, turning them white but they will always be there until it's time to reproduce again. I realize that these fish are just getting ready and are not near ready to spawn. Beagle told me that the big crappie spawn first, which holds true to what I saw, cuz the 10 1/2 in. females had white row in them. Let me know if you Guys and Gals are seening anything different. Later, Ship

Post Thanks / Like

Mike and I had several females this weekend that had egg sacks in them. I am assuming that they are new eggs that are starting to develop.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

The females we caught at Truman this weekend had yellow eggs in them also. Hadn't thought about it being next years spawn. Gone to OK Monday and Tuesday fishing with a buddy on Eufaula. Will let you know what we find there.

Post Thanks / Like

Yellow eggs with red blood veins running thru them here in NW MO.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roe

This is one of the mysteries of Crappie. I've seen them with yellow roe year round. I've seen them make beds in the fall and not really sure if they spawned out or just went through the motions. I know in the spring they are usually swollen in their bellies more so than the fall. I figure when they are swollen and bloody eggs are coming out when you pick them up is when they are spawning. I've never seen bloody eggs coming out other than in the spring. I'd like to know if they do spawn in the fall sometimes.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Noooooooooooooooooooo. Global warming is upon us. Whatever you do, don't let the cows fart.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth
    This is one of the mysteries of Crappie. I've seen them with yellow roe year round. I've seen them make beds in the fall and not really sure if they spawned out or just went through the motions. I know in the spring they are usually swollen in their bellies more so than the fall. I figure when they are swollen and bloody eggs are coming out when you pick them up is when they are spawning. I've never seen bloody eggs coming out other than in the spring. I'd like to know if they do spawn in the fall sometimes.
    Hey Kit, First of all it's Roe and not Row, I finally got that. I agree with the swolllen bellys and bloody eggs. The day light and water temp. is getting to short and cold for fish to spawn. My problem is I just need to figure out what their doing so that I will know how to fish for them. Are these Sows for next Spring? As you know, it will make a difference on how and where they feed. Any input would be appreciated. Later, Ship

PS. DRFISHJD, my cows are still farting, just wish I could collect the methane gas.
    Last edited by ship; 11-19-2007 at 07:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was bugman that eloquently said that sometimes he catches crappie on LOZ in places they shouldn't be. Like 2 ft of water in the summer and hot days in the fall.

Wish they were predictable, but the moral of the story for me is check deep, check shallow and check in between in the Winter and Summer. I switch it around in the spring and fall. I check shallow, then deep and then in between if either aren't producing.

All the consistent fishermen on Crappie.com have locations at multiple depths on channels and flats. Before tomorrow I would start shallow. After Wednesday we may see the transition hopefully for a more predictable winter pattern. Table Rock 16 - 22 ft. will be good in a month.

It doesn't take very long for a fish to transition. If I ever figure out a formula, everyone on this site will know about it.

Good luck and can't wait to get with you and Beagle to make some structure for Stockton.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth
    I think it was bugman that eloquently said that sometimes he catches crappie on LOZ in places they shouldn't be. Like 2 ft of water in the summer and hot days in the fall.

Wish they were predictable, but the moral of the story for me is check deep, check shallow and check in between in the Winter and Summer. I switch it around in the spring and fall. I check shallow, then deep and then in between if either aren't producing.

All the consistent fishermen on Crappie.com have locations at multiple depths on channels and flats. Before tomorrow I would start shallow. After Wednesday we may see the transition hopefully for a more predictable winter pattern. Table Rock 16 - 22 ft. will be good in a month.

It doesn't take very long for a fish to transition. If I ever figure out a formula, everyone on this site will know about it.

Good luck and can't wait to get with you and Beagle to make some structure for Stockton.

G.
    Same in the winter kit......i'm lookin forward to you figuring out the formula the only one i've ever figured out is that them little devils are sneaky,i try to fish shallow,deep and everything in between till i get a pattern together then things are gonna get a little rough on em till the weather changes
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I finally figured out the pattern out and the pattern is PLAD fished stockton today thought I knew how to fish boat docks but I was wrong. fished deep shallow inbetween. not so good,oh well there is next week, the crappie we caught were caught in 12ft.62dg.dingy water. on pink and chartruse slab buster. tried spoons,fether jigs,rooster tails,crank bait, and southern pro. tubes just a too warm of a day in Nov. cold weather commin YEA!