Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas Prices

Onca again we are looking at higher gas prices coming. They are calling for a 20¢ increase before Thanksgivening weekend. I also read gas prices will be in the $4.50 per gallon range come late spring early summer.

I know this will hurt me and my fishing trips. May have to look for a way to get better gas milage pulling my boat or sell the boat and rent one at the lake maybe cheaper.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Ain't nothing we can do to make it come down,just try to use as little as possible.
    Wonder what will happen to diesel prices?If it goes that high,all the prices of goods will increase due to transportation surcharges.

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy crazy stuff if gas hits $4.50 a gallon were all in trouble,i know it will put the hurts on my fishin the gas in the boat wont be a real big issue because i can fish close to the ramp but gettin there will be rough.....may have to do more camping and combine 2 or 3 trips into one.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe its time we stop cowering to the tree huggers and drill our own oil. We have been dependent on foreign oil far too long. Now that we are competing with China and India and other developing nations for the same oil, the price will continue to rise going to the highest bidder. We have untapped, unlimited supplies of oil right here at home but we can't retrieve it because we might kill a kangeroo rat or something like that.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter
    Maybe its time we stop cowering to the tree huggers and drill our own oil. We have been dependent on foreign oil far too long. Now that we are competing with China and India and other developing nations for the same oil, the price will continue to rise going to the highest bidder. We have untapped, unlimited supplies of oil right here at home but we can't retrieve it because we might kill a kangeroo rat or something like that.
    Bingo! China has been given permission by Cuba to drill in the Gulf of Mexico. We won't. Mexico is drilling off our coasts. We won't. There's oil and even a pipeline in ANWR ready for drilling. We won't. Everybody seems to be building refineries. We won't. Instead, we're looking at using our food to make gasoline, and the ethanol will have to be trucked instead of pumped through a pipeline and the cost of bread will skyrocket. Atlanta is thirsty, and they can't close the dam and cut the water off from some endangered muscles downstream. Whose side are these so called "environmentalists" on?
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter
    Maybe its time we stop cowering to the tree huggers and drill our own oil. We have been dependent on foreign oil far too long now We have untapped, unlimited supplies of oil right here at home
    I agree to a point,there is not a unlimited supply,just a question if it will last 100 years or 1,000,or longer.Although it hurts me in my wallet,I'm all for buying O.P.(other peoples) oil untill it really starts hurting bad.Save it till then.

I'm no expert on history,but didn't Japan get into WW11 because of oil getting cut off to them?

Post Thanks / Like

It wont matter where the oil comes from. You have to have refineries to make gas and the last time I checked the Big Oil companies owned them all. Even if we start drilling here who's going to move it refine it and sell it BIG OIL.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Oil has to refine it. No one else will put up the capitol to build their own refinery. Anyway, our friendly enviormentalists will not allow new refineries to be built in this country. None since the 1970's. Blame "big oil" all you want, the fact is they are the ones investing in R&D, they are the ones investing in equipment, they are the ones investing their own money to pump. I'd rather see them profit from it than the government who does nothing to increase production or lower costs. "Big Oil" makes a profit of .09 per gallon of gas sold. The Federal government makes a .40 profit per gallon. On top of that, some states make an additional .10 to .15 per gallon. They have produced none of it but are making far more profit than "Big Oil".

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize if I've offended anyone. I just get frustrated when people start blaming others for problems to throw the spot light off themselves. I'll shut up, get off my soap box. I've got a smoker full of deer jerky I need to finish making to send to some boys in Iraq.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget that Big Oil makes about a 10 % profit on every gallon of gasoline it sells. That's about 31 cents per gallon at $3.10 a gallon. Big Government makes about 55 cents in taxes off every gallon, with no investment, no liability exposure, no lawsuits. I can tell who's sticking it to me worse. . . Speck, I appreciate your view, and I'll step down too.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast