Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bluegill Lure-Rebel Cat'R Crawler

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Bluegill Lure-Rebel Cat'R Crawler

Hello everyone, Just an update on the Rebel crickhopper, I went to Wall Mart and found one no trouble, But I found something else that I like even better. It's called a cat'r crawler. It looks just like a catuva worm,It's even fuzzy and looks so real I keep expecting it to move. I realy believe it will be not only good for bluegill, But also for crappie. If you can find the crappie in the lily pads I believe they will realy take a likeing to this thing. I am going to try it and let you know . Hope all is well with everyone, Hey Papasage I haven't seen you post in a while, Hope you are not sick, Let us hear from you. Good fishing to all. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that catuva, or catauba worm? I think I know the one you are talking about. It is a little green looking? Is it a crank similar to the crickhopper? I will get one too and try it. If the rain ever lets up!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Rebel Cauautba Crank Bait

Yes Blindhog, I just spelled it wrong, Sorry. And yes it a crank bait like the crickhopper. I bought both.It sinks slowly if you just cast it out and let it lay there, Or you can reel it slowly and it will dive to about four feet. It looks just like the real thing. Man I know what you mean about the rain, Same thing here. God willing I will go in the morning about daylight. Good luck on your end. Thanks four your reply. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to go this eve, it's 5:30 and still hot, lot of sun, so the bite wouldn't turn on till around 7:00 to dark or after. 30 min to lake from here. Lot's of fresh water too.
    Probrbly go later this week when I can "sleep-in" one am.
    Gotta hit the pavement early tomorrow. Want to try that Catauba worm lure!

Post Thanks / Like

JimmyS,
    I understand that the Crickhopper attracts gaters. What do you think?
    GeoW

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Crickhopper & Gators

Hello GeoW, Welcome to the Georgia Crappie. Com. i realy don't know if the crickhopper attracts gators or not but let me share a little story with you that happened this week. I went to a pond on the military base here in Savannah. I was fishing from the bank, Casting under an old dock using live crickets for bream. I caught a nice copper nose bream and in the process of pulling him in, He got tangled in some old line hanging from the dock that someone had broken off. Well the splashing attracted a gator and he came charging over to take my fish. Just as he opened his mouth to take my fish the eight pound test power pro line had all the strain it could stand and it broke, the fish fell back in the water. I guess that made the old gator mad so he came charging over to me. I had been drinking a yahoo choc. drink and had the bottle sitting by my chair.He was about ten feet and about to come up the bank when I threw that yahoo bottle at him as hard as I could. Well he saw it coming and moved his head at the last split second otherwise I would have scored a bulls eye.Well I said you can have it mr gator I am gone. So much for that fishing trip. Fishing has been bad around here lately, Everyone I have talked to have not caught much, How about your area? We have had a lot of rain. Good Fishing & Gods Blessings your way! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I still can't help laughing about you and the gater fighting over the brim. Do remember, you are the gaters guest

Perhaps we should add gater tail to our supper menu

GeoW

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been, we have had a thunderstorm EVERY afternoon! Or I should say several in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Rain and more rain

Quote Originally Posted by blindhog
    I have not been, we have had a thunderstorm EVERY afternoon! Or I should say several in the area.
    Same thing here Blindhog, But I have tried a couple of times. But not much luck. I haven't been able to figure it out. The bite has realy been off for quite some time. And i have tried about everything. Got to get better, Will keep trying. Good luck on your next trip. Jimmy S.