Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Jigging15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Jigging15

Took my 4 yo with me and headed down to Farrinton, we had a blast. Got into some crappie (no real big ones) and several 2 and 3lb bass. Only my second time down there and starting to figure out some areas of the lake. I found the brush piles by the ramp you talked about and found a small one at the other end of the lake by the main road. Pulled fish off all brushpiles. Still learning how to fish the brush piles without loosing every jig/Rapala I have but that's half the fun I guess. I like the fact I could beach the boat and Kaylan could play a bit at the playground.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to here it. It is a nice place to go with the kids. They have paddle boats to rent in the summer. Your 4 yr old would like that i'm sure. There is at least one crappie over 2# in there a buddy of mine turned it loose earlier this year.

Post Thanks / Like

We caught one last weekend that was 14.5" but we didn't weigh it. Several in the 10" range last week but more like 8" this week. I see a lot of guys catfishing around the dam, pretty good channel cat population? I assume the good crappie area is the big end by the boat ramp? I have pulled some nice bluegill around that bridge thing. I also marked a large brush pile between the bridge and the dam that I want to try out. Do they frown upon adding more brush? I would like to add some at the other end where we caught the others. It is a very small pile, only saw a thin stick poking out of the water and we pulled several off of it. Do they have overnight camp spots? Thanks Rob

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about adding brush. They do have camping with electric and water. The campgrounds are across the street from the lake. When pulling out of the park look straight ahead to the West you should see the campgrounds. There is lots of brush piles in the lake some are hard to find. Also there is some pallets and concrete blocks stacked up for beds. They are on the small end of the lake. I have had the best luck in the large piles straight out from the ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

Still learning the ins and outs of my depthfinder so it sounds like I need to run around the lake some more and find this stuff. I will also check out the camp ground area. It would make a nice weekend get away for the family next spring. I do appreciate you putting me on this place. I don't have a big boat so I have to hit small lakes like that.

Rob