Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Chesdin?

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Chesdin?

Anyone here hunt crappie on Chesdin? We catch some in the spring. Mostly small. I am thinking of giving it a troll tomorrow while I test a new trolling motor and some new rods.

Wonder if there are any big uns in there?

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

yes there is some monsters in chesdin,i`ve seen them as big as four pounds and some nice three pounds.if you are useing the co-pilot set it on # 2 or 3 play inbetween the two,also depending on what size weight you are useing ,right now you should use a # 7 split shot with a 1/16 jig head,and color try useing black/chart,pink/white,blue/white and red/white and see what happens.look for long points that have a good drop off and fish both sides and across when you fish the point fish it where you will have your poles at different depeths like 8 down to 14ft covering the whole side of the point.the points that you should be fishing are the ones close to a flat and creek channel,and if the crappie are bitting you should have a good time.goodluck
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Question Wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    yes there is some monsters in chesdin,i`ve seen them as big as four pounds and some nice three pounds.if you are useing the co-pilot set it on # 2 or 3 play inbetween the two,also depending on what size weight you are useing ,right now you should use a # 7 split shot with a 1/16 jig head,and color try useing black/chart,pink/white,blue/white and red/white and see what happens.look for long points that have a good drop off and fish both sides and across when you fish the point fish it where you will have your poles at different depeths like 8 down to 14ft covering the whole side of the point.the points that you should be fishing are the ones close to a flat and creek channel,and if the crappie are bitting you should have a good time.goodluck
    ...may seem like dumb question..but never stopped me before..so here goes...when you list colors is it just jig bodies or head and bodies??? just getting serious about learning to crappie fish and would appreciate info...would help solve another piece of puzzle...Thanks
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

some people like to use different color jig heads,but i use only to kind charts and plain.i have seen times the it didn`t matter and times it did.i would change the jig before i`d change the head in color.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Dayton there is a good spot in cattle creek on the right shoreline that has stumps in about 9-10 foot deep. Maybe 20 yards offf the right shoreline. Also a good place to slow roll big spinner baits for bass in winter. Thats all i can tell you until you insert another dollar!

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I am going to give it a try soon. Calling for West 15-25 here tomorrow. Dang!

Found this on the Garmin site. You can view the software for all there Hot Spot lakes by zooming in on where you want.

This is Cattle creek in Lake Chesdin. If you zoom out far enough you can then zoom in on Buggs, Gaston or Anna.

http://www.garmin.com/cgi-bin/mapgen...&rz=0&k=1&sc=1

Here is the pic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690
    Thanks guys. I am going to give it a try soon. Calling for West 15-25 here tomorrow. Dang!

Found this on the Garmin site. You can view the software for all there Hot Spot lakes by zooming in on where you want.

This is Cattle creek in Lake Chesdin. If you zoom out far enough you can then zoom in on Buggs, Gaston or Anna.

http://www.garmin.com/cgi-bin/mapgen...&rz=0&k=1&sc=1

Here is the pic.
    ..excellent link...wanted to see hot spots quality..smokin
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting link. Thanks
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va