Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: small town living

Post Thanks / Like

Default small town living

This sunday I will be going to the High School to watch the 2nd annual dodgeball tournament.
    First one was to benifit our youth pastor who fell off a roof in his day job,breaking both legs and ankles,this one is for a student with a brain tumor.

I thought it would be boring,I remember going to my grandsons BB games,20 people in the stands and scores like 7-4:D
    I was wrong,it was a blast.
    They had co-ed teams,over 50 ,mixed,etc.....some were serious,some wore costumes,but all had fun.There were over 50 teams ,6 plus an alternate....and 500-700 spectators...Thats close to 1000 people out of a town with a population of 3,000

I've lived in a lot of states and big cities...Miami,Tampa,Atlanta,Detroit,etc....

Small towns have their downsides,but something like this gives me a renewed feeling about humanity ,sounds corny,but just wanted to share(dang,gotta stop watch dr.Phil )

Post Thanks / Like

yeah ol dr. phil will do that to ya , small towns are nice.
    people always seem to come together to help each other. but then again people in the midwest as a whole are caring people. hope ya have fun
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

yep lived in or arround small towns all me life. now cant see my closest neighbour for the trees. real nice. played donkey basketball one time to raise money for the american legion baseball team what a hoot.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you 100%, Cook and Beagle. I grew up in north county of St. Louis and moved to Columbia for law school. That was a really pleasant change - even being close to the country. Then we moved out in the country not too far from Ashland - population about 1500. Now I'm out about 2 miles from the Missouri river in the riverhills. I love it. Nice neighbors, peace and quiet, everybody knows your name. I'm tied in with a volunteer fire district - it seems like there's still volunteers in small towns and not so much in the big cities. Now, i've never played donkey basketball - with my luck my ride would crap on the floor and I'd dismount right into it - besides you can't jam the ball in donkeyball can you? See you boys on the water.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man
    played donkey basketball what a hoot.
    Ya gotta be careful what ya post in a public forum,people might get the wrong idea about farmers!!:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drfishjd

- besides you can't jam the ball in donkeyball can you? See you boys on the water.
    :D

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in Knob Noster... 2,000 people then (not counting the base). Our church had an annual "Lords Acre Sale"... Donations ranged from home baked pies to a TRACTOR!

Gotta say I'd be tempted to leave the dodgeball game early to see the Colts play the Patriots. Was planning to spend the afternoon on the lake until I learned that. Guess I'll try to get out in the morning. BRRR ... Doesn't seem to matter when I go... got skunked last 3 trips

I still remember remember the slap of those little red balls on bare skin (when thrown by our best pitcher) and the pattern they left on your skin... Oow!
    Last edited by ShortStorie; 11-01-2007 at 08:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was born in a small town and I ll die in a small town.
    John Cougar Mellencamp

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are making me feel guilty about wanting to leave Burfordville. There's getting close to 50 people here now and I'd like to get further out of town. The cow pie frisbee contests are a blast though.:D

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=speckhunter The cow pie frisbee contests are a blast though.:D[/QUOTE]
    We have an annual "Bossie Bingo",...parking lot marked off into squares....pay a dollar for a square..first one to get a "Blessing" from Bossie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast