Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any reports from Lake Oconee?

fredw Guest

Default Any reports from Lake Oconee?

New member here.....I've been reading the board over the last couple of weeks and decided that I just needed to be able to chime in.

I'm fishing Oconee on Saturday and am looking for fishing reports. The last one I had was from last Saturday and it seemed that the lake was nothing but mud. Thinking of heading up the Richland Creek area (cleaner water) but am open to suggestions.

Tight lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fredw
    New member here.....I've been reading the board over the last couple of weeks and decided that I just needed to be able to chime in.

I'm fishing Oconee on Saturday and am looking for fishing reports. The last one I had was from last Saturday and it seemed that the lake was nothing but mud. Thinking of heading up the Richland Creek area (cleaner water) but am open to suggestions.

Tight lines.
    Hey Fred - I will be heading on there on Monday, I am probably going to try in the Sugar Creek area.....of course, that could be our downfall because of all the mud......Richland Creek should be pretty good area to try too.....

My choices would be, and probably in this order too considering the weather that just moved through.
    - Sugar Creek
    - Lick Creek
    - Richland Creek
    - Apalachee River
    - Oconee River

P.S. - Fred - Did you fish that CrappieUSA tournament at Oconee this past year?
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

fredw Guest

Default GABoy

thanks for the info.

I've never fished a crappie tournament (although it does sound like fun). I spend most of my time fishing for stripers but have a real hankering to catch some slabs this spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gaboy,
    A coworker went to Lick Creek and Sugar Creek this weekend and he did much better at Sugar. He caught a few at Lick, but they were much smaller than Sugar. Just thought I would pass that along. I know this can change.
    He said minnows worked better than jigs.
    Fishhead
    Last edited by Fishhead; 03-03-2005 at 03:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fredw
    thanks for the info.

I've never fished a crappie tournament (although it does sound like fun). I spend most of my time fishing for stripers but have a real hankering to catch some slabs this spring.
    Excellent....

I hope you can find them....Oconee is a GREAT place to start.
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead
    Hey Gaboy,
    A coworker went to Lick Creek and Sugar Creek this weekend and he did much better at Sugar. He caught a few at Lick, but they were much smaller than Sugar. Just thought I would pass that along. I know this can change.
    He said minnows worked better than jigs.
    Fishhead
    That is GREAT to know...I appreciate the info very much!

I appreciate the post, so I will be sure to let you know how I do on Monday.
    ><)))*>