Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hummind question ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummind question ?

Does Humminbird currently have side imaging unit without the depth finder and GPS combined or is there plans on them making one ?

Thanks Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the 997 and to do what they're doing you have to have GPS to waypoint things off to the side in the side scans other wise you'd have a terrible time trying to find your way back to any thing of interest you find, and thats one of the things that make these things so great.
    WarrenMN
    I fish, therefore I am

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Warren, the way I use mine you wouldn`t want it without GPS.

Post Thanks / Like

When I bought my 987 they had one without the GPS. But you could use your hand held on it. A buddy of mine bought it. And told me, He sure wished he had bought the on with it.
    It allows you to mark a brush pile say 200 ft to the right of you and 50 ft behind you. Hard to do with out the built in GPS.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default 797

Don't forget the 797 c2 SI which is smaller version of the SI unit plus only about 1/2 the price. There is no way I would want the side imaging with out the GPS.

One thing several people do not know about the side imaging is that as you are searching and see something on the side imaging you can actually mark the spot (brushpile, stump field, etc.) and not have to go over the top of it and disturb fish (if any there).

If did not include the GPS with the side imaging you would not be able to mark the exact spot unless you wnet over the top of it.

Barry F
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

OK so U mark the brushpile off 50 feet to left of boat then what, do U then have to bring up a GPS screen(?) & hit go to ? button. Me old brain having trouble at this spot in the finding? Old Old brain skips sometimes...............
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can hit the Go to button and go straight to it.
    But it will also allow you to mark from 1 to 50+ brush piles or what ever on that one screen freeze. Just hit save and when that one is saved. Move over to the next think on the screen and mark it. And keep on doing this as long as you like in that spot.
    I marked each of these stake beds with out moving the boat or screen.