Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attention Cane Pole the Great One

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attention Cane Pole the Great One

Canepole,
    can you give me a reccomendation on a pda/gps that will work with OziCE sofware and Kyhydrograhics maps. I have used the pda setup with a handheld gps but I am tired of the extra cords everywhere.
    Thanks!

PS also where do I buy it?
    Last edited by crappiecrazy; 10-17-2007 at 04:50 AM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiecrazy
    Canepole,
    can you give me a reccomendation on a pda/gps that will work with OziCE sofware and Kyhydrograhics maps. I have used the pda setup with a handheld gps but I am tired of the extra cords everywhere.
    Thanks!

PS also where do I buy it?
    What pda do you have? Is it blue tooth capable?

I have a hp 2195 with 1 gig sd card. I have the garmin gps 10 wireless. I installed all the maps on the sd card ( I created ozf2 files and used the sync program and dragged and dropped the map files to the sd card). You know how to do this part.

The 2195 was a rectified unit from HP. The garmin I got from nexttag shopping. I didn't get all of the extras with the gps, only the charger.

2195 is obsolete now (of course). This is and has been a good set up for me.

As you know, ain't no gps with maps can even come close to this arrangement.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    What pda do you have? Is it blue tooth capable?

I have a hp 2195 with 1 gig sd card. I have the garmin gps 10 wireless. I installed all the maps on the sd card ( I created ozf2 files and used the sync program and dragged and dropped the map files to the sd card). You know how to do this part.

The 2195 was a rectified unit from HP. The garmin I got from nexttag shopping. I didn't get all of the extras with the gps, only the charger.

2195 is obsolete now (of course). This is and has been a good set up for me.

As you know, ain't no gps with maps can even come close to this arrangement.
    I have been using this PDA for several years. Compaq areo 2180. Pat Hahs helped me set it up or I would have never been able to figure it out. He helped me with learn Ozi also. Great Tools! Since yours is already obsolete also, I guess I will get will Pat and see what he can reccomend. If you see anything that would be good, please let me know. Maybe I can find a 2195 on ebay.

Thanks Great One!

Post Thanks / Like

The 2195 was replaced by the 2495 (current model). 2495 has more internal memory and a little faster processor than the 2195. It runs Mobile 5, great with OzieCE. I use the wireless (bluetooth garmin GPS 10. It is current production from Garmin.

Works great. No wires. Several Crappie.Commers have seen it in action.

Yep. Pat Hahs is a good guy. I sure like him. He can help you set this up or so can I. It ain't that hard to do.

Hard to beat this set up on Ky Lake.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/h...FA674B%2523ABA

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Bluetoo.../dp/B0007KXEUQ

PS

Stay away from flash card style receivers. They suck.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 10-17-2007 at 04:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pole!

Post Thanks / Like

OziCE? Is this a program other than the "Ozi Trial" that comes with the Hydrografx maps? The premium version that you have to buy? I wonder if this PDA and wireless Garmin is waterproof. I also wonder why you couldn't use an old laptop with a CD drive. This is so much over my head.

Thanks in advance
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricky
    OziCE? Is this a program other than the "Ozi Trial" that comes with the Hydrografx maps? The premium version that you have to buy? I wonder if this PDA and wireless Garmin is waterproof. I also wonder why you couldn't use an old laptop with a CD drive. This is so much over my head.

Thanks in advance
    OziCE is moving map software program for Pocket PC or Windows CE PDA's. It requires the full (premium) version of OziExplorer to function.

You are right. You can use an old laptop and use the trial version of OziExplorer. However, you will get a nagging screen (buy me) a lot if you don't use the full version. Also, a lot of the functions are inhibited. Things like: importing maps, calibrating maps, merging waypoints, etc. don't work on the trial version.

The simulator mode don't work either. I like simulators. You can learn a lot from a dummy.

The Garmin wireless is waterproof. My Ipaq ain't waterproof, but I can put it in an Otterbox. I don't fish in the rain. I am so sweet I might melt, or maybe I am a big Wuuz. Your choice. ha

You can't see standard laptop screen very good in sunlight. However it is really neat at night. Nothing (mapping) can touch KY Hydrographics stuff on Ky Lake. I don't care who makes it.

Naw. I ain't on KY Hydrographics payroll. Maybe he will promote me to a Pro Staffer. Maybe Humminbird will promote me to Pro Staffer. I know a lot about their simulator stuff. :D

Lots of maybees here.

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Garmin ique 3200 is a pda with gps loaded and sd chip option will this work as you guys discuss mating the two???--shu
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shuorc
    Garmin ique 3200 is a pda with gps loaded and sd chip option will this work as you guys discuss mating the two???--shu
    Dedicated. Want run my maps.

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole thanks for the quick response, want to get a gps, almost ordered a Lowrance ifinder h2o c but found out it won't do the low speed needed for trolling, so back to the search mode.--shu
    <*(((((><

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast