Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: no fishing....

Post Thanks / Like

Default no fishing....

So.. I went to my favorite crappie fishing spot the other day... There were no fishing signs posted all over the place as well as no parking signs.

Unless I can find a new spot to fish at or someone with a boat I may not be doing much crappie fishing for a while .

I am going to miss this spot.. I would fish jigs under the bridge on ultralight spinning tackle. I don't know of any other good spots from the shore to fish for crappie from.

Post Thanks / Like

who put up the signs?
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stinkies daddy
    who put up the signs?
    And did they have a right to??
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Some idiots probably abused the privilege and screwed it up for everyone. Irritating. Here is something I do when that happens. I go to the owners of the property and talk to them to see what happened. If its a place I have frequented they often know me by sight and are glad to talk about what happened. More often that not after the talk I have permission to fish there with the authority to boot others when they show up without permission. It pays to be friendly and respectful of property owners over the long haul. I have several shore fishing spots where I am the only one allowed to fish there. It never hurts to politely ask.

One other thing. When I see someone abusing a fishing spot I'm not afraid to give them an earfull till its not worth it for them to be there. Most people who are thoughtless enough to be idiots on private property can't stand up to some righteous indignation. I'm usually the nicest guy there is, but when someone messes with my fishin spots the GRIZZ emerges.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 10-14-2007 at 12:50 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Back when I had a job it was my job to create graphics and signs, i can tell you that i can creat a sign sayin n e thing you want and it will look just as legitamate as any official state and federal sign. I would check the legality of the signs in question

King Big
    Stinkies Daddy

dlngr Guest

Both my favorite bank fishing spots have been gated and locked by the state.[state property,no trespassing!] I used to be able to drive right down to the river,a 1/4 mile from the house!
    Had to be because of the 4 wheel drive idiots,tearing up the whole area,towing each other out of mud,moving huge rocks that were put there to block access to the woods.
    Sad day for everybody that used to use the area. Lot of people came 90-100 miles from Chicago to fish this last spot,inaccessable now.
    Anybody local would know I'm talking about the Vermillion river at Jonesville,and the Illinois river at rt351 Shippingsport bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad that it only takes a couple of ppl to destroy something that messes it up for so many others.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it private property? If it wasn't I would contact local authorities to see if they know about it being put up.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe approach the property owners and ask what the problem was and see if you could help remedy the problem....ie., trash, litter,destuction of property, etc. . Maybe then they would allow a little fishing. I own a 20 acre lake and I allow respectful people to fish {catch and release only } when they ask properly and call before they show up
    Duane