Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What A Fish We Thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What A Fish We Thought.

Jmack u will love this one.My wife and i were fishing last jan at lakeothepines in east texas on a favorite hole,we hadnt got bit much so we decided to move.About that time her 2nd rod bends over to the water,i get excited thinking she has a large one.I watch in amazement as she fights it then i watch her line go straight out from the side of the boat and up comes a bird out of the water flying with her hook,breaks her off and scares her to death.We were in 32 ft of water fishing on the bottom didnt no those fish birds could dive that deep,if i only had it on film.

Post Thanks / Like

We used to cast herring for salmon out at Westport Washington. Sometimes you would cast and your bait would never come down. Then it was really fun playing a flying Seagull around 50 other fisherman. Talk about laugh when you would be playing a flying pooping machine that everyones running from.

Post Thanks / Like

thats really funny, both of those. i believe the canvasback duck can dive up to 70' they feed alot on those deep water mussles. the only critter that i didn't ever want to hook was an alligator, down at brazos bend state park, the gators are thick. i hooked one with a spinnerbait right between the eyes. he came up just as i was bringing the bait to me. i let him have the spinnerbait and moved on down the lake a little. i ain't messing with a pizzed gator with a bait stuck to his head.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story--- i didnt know birds went that deep either.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. I am sure that got her attention. Not too many of us say, we've caught a bird fishing. Especially at 32 fow.

Post Thanks / Like

good stuff , lmao
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........