Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sale

Here's a head's up..Cabela's has ''The Oxygenator'' bait keeper on sale for half price, item number og-01-5900, for $24.88.
    I got mine today. I've been wanting one for a while, so I couldn't pass that deal up. :D

srm

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of these----there's a reason they're on sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Spider

I have also been wanting to try one of these so I just placed my order too. From the reviews I saw, the only negative thing was that you had to keep them away from salt. Rockmike, if there is some information you know about them that should be revealed, then please share with us good or bad. This is the type of information that makes this board valuable to everyone buy finding out what works and what don't work.

Post Thanks / Like

How much noise do they make? I know that sounds rediculous, but all day of that beast grinding away makes some people in my boat very grumpy, and we all know that if she isn't happy, there ain't gonna be anybody happy!!:p

Post Thanks / Like

there peices of crap and dont work with more than 10 minnows in a bucket it seems...have tried 2 of em before just to see if the first one wasnt working properly...better off with a bubble box or some other aerator..(hint....instead of the little stone that comes with it i go to the aquarium section of walmart and get the big long aquarium stones and use them, seems to produce 3 times as much air)

and yes i followed all directions including cleaning after every use and using a calcium cleaning produce to get rid of deposits....my opinon its a waste of money and my minnows lasted 3 times as long with a cheap 6 dollar aerator from wally world
    Last edited by john h; 10-03-2007 at 07:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

While I do complain about the noise, the Frabill (Min-02-Life) $24.99 @ BPS does a super job of keeping minnows alive for days @ a time with only 2-D cell batteries. In the summer just add a little ice to help keep them cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine just didn't work. Best I've found is the 5gal BaitSaver. I have used it for minnows and for shrimp when fishing salt. Quite and doesn't draw much power.

Post Thanks / Like

i actually very seldom use any aerators at all any more since i got my ranger. i have one of the live wells rigged up just for bait and they last forever in it.. only time i use an aerator anymore is when im out catching bait till i can get it home to my boat.

got 3 livewells on boat so not much need for anything much more than an aerator to trasport bait from where i catch it to boat

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to use one of the larger units in a livewell that I kept minnows in for 2 years and I could not keep them alive. I thought it was bad and sent it back and they sent me another one and it had the same results. I took it out and now use a Keep Alive pump in my tank and have had no problems at all. I would not recomend those things to anyone.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Oxygenator

I have had one for 3-4 yrs and think they are great. Just ordered a spare just in case this one ever quits. There was a post about this several months ago also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast