Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun nite slabs on Wylie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun nite slabs on Wylie

Been wanting to get back to try a main channel cove that I had good luck catching big fish in last week. After reading Rango's post regarding Fri nite I realized that he and the beast have pretty well fished my old hole dry so I went over and got set up in the deep cove by sundown. It took a whole 5 minutes for the first slab to hit. Caught 2 more slabs in the next 20 minutes,then things slowed down to a more normal pace. Had a 5lb catfish that took several rigs out of play while I untangled and retied things. After 3 hours I caught 13 crappies, 8 of em slabs, 2 of em nice chunky 11 inchers and 3 taterchips. Nothin like the feelin ya get when ya see that big flash of silver as ya bring the fish up and into the lite. It was a great nite made even better by the fact that I was perfect in identifying the netters from the lifters ( it's easy when they're almost all netters). Maybe Wed for the next trip.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

aint nothing like watching a netter drop off and flutter on the surface a bit before dissapearing into the deep with all them tasty fillets to make a man (or woman) learn the difference tween a netter and a lifter. Its a sinking feeling to say the least. Danny was speechless the other night when he lost his slab of a lifetime after he got caught up in the excitement of the moment and all hands was reaching for the nets (the beast carries two) then heard him say,,,"OH NO"... being the good sports we are famous for, we dint let him forget how important the netting operation is. I dont know which was worse on danny. the loss of the fish or the crew reminding him about the good net service there for the asking. netting on the beast is free of charge and available to all those that have learned the difference and ask for this invaluable service. Good netters is very hard to find but on the beast we provide the best available, but you gotta ask. just dont disturb my intense concentration (or wake me up) asking for the net on a taterchip. else you may join your slab in the depths,
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Danny sure was lucky to be fishin with a bunch of guys that cared enough to take time out from their busy nite of staring at rod tips and explain to him, in the most sympathetic of terms, the advantages of using a net. I'm sure he nets most everything over 6 inches now..
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

wow, its been so long that i have not been a part of the crew of the legendary beast (which i made the name for) that im missing out on this whole terminology between netters and lifters. please explain it all to me from the beginning?? :p
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

ok pete, here we go,, from my limited mental capacities,, we calling a netter one that requires a net to get safely in the boat. a lifter is one you can lift into the boat without the benefit of a net, but still a decent fish. and a tater chip, well thats the little fellers that steal minnows and commit suicide by coming around the beast. i say suicide cause a lot of em are deep hooked for some reason and have to be kept. I think its cause the dont take the time to enjoy their meal like a netter or lifter. they wanna get it gobbled down before a bigger fish bullies them away from the buffet. Hopefully after this week when im rid of all these kids i inherited well get you back in your rightful place in the beast so you can get the numbers back up.. theyve been sorta on the low side since you havent been going, thats for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I confess to all, the Beast did get its name from pete. I was leaning toward "THE UTOPIA", but somehow THE BEAST seemed more appropriate. folks love fishing out of it, but i doubt many would invest in one like it. Its really rough around the edges, stays dirty and it dont shine a bit. and sometimes it has strange odors coming out of it we cant find the source of. one thing i have noticed tho, when certain fellers dont go the odors do seem to not be so bad.. i aint calling no names pete. i dont wanna embarss you, jerry or kunes.

Post Thanks / Like

As I've said before, the Beast is not a fishin boat but more of a crappie harvester. While it is an efficient machine I must admit that it's unkempt appearance has kept me from being part of the crew. I prefer to fish out of my shiny and well upholstered boat, the "Bad Ship Lollipop"......one must have standards... As for odors emulating from the Beast, I suspect that alot of it has to do with the culinary habits of the crew. Roughshod and stinky...the Beast is still a thing of beauty.
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

you may be right gary. i sorta cleaned the beast out this morning and found two half empty or half full lites, however you wanna look at it, several sardine cans half full of sardines, a couple beanie weenie containers with some beans in em and several unidentifiable objects that sorta resembled them smokies you make. wasnt sure tho, as i dint smell or sample it to verify what it was. also was a wad of toilet paper in the front left corner with some brown stains on it which i refused to touch. i think marty might have got rid of that one night when i wasnt looking , as thats the side he ties up on. . Im a thinking all this half eaten stuff was dropped when either the netter or the angler got caught up in the excitement of the moment during the magic minute of gettin a slab out of the water. also seen where someone wiped a bugger on the side of a rod box. looks like in addition to giving crappie fishing lessons, im gonna have to hire someone who understands proper ettequite to give lessons before we blast off, sorta like a stewardess on a plane before take off showing passengers how to put on a life jacket as the plane plunges toward the water at 300 mph. i think its all useless tho cause some things just cant be done. especially keeping the beast clean and neat with a crew like i hang around with........

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for the toilet paper and the bugger I'd think you were fishin with a family of racoons. Considering the presence of the toilet paper I think ya made a good decision in not furthur trying to identify those unidentifiable objects. I can think of several things that might resemble smokies after laying on the floor of the boat for a few days and while that kind of treatment would'nt affect a smokie much the discovery, by taste or smell, that those objects were one of the other possibilities would certainly cause an abrupt surge in ones emotions. I think you're right in assuming Marty was the source of the TP. No doubt a desparate expression of protest from being assigned to the "wrong" side of the boat so often. Thanks for that reference to the stewardess (We're FLIGHT ATTENDANTS!!!!!) and the plane plunging to earth. It'll make my flight to Pittsburgh this weekend that much more enjoyable.
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

just make sure the plane dont go over water and youll be better off. better to hit the ground at three hundred than the water.. I remember a long time ago i done a belly bust in the water, and man did that hurt and that was before i got plenty of belly. plus i wasnt going nowhere near 300 mph. then theres the sharks. have a great flight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast