Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Smithville Brushpiles

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Smithville Brushpiles

Got Gary Burton to mark my map with the approximate locations of a dozen spots where he and others (with the help of the Corps) sank big piles of bald cypress. Didn't know there was any cypress around here. Hope I can find them. Think I'll try the spots in Sailboat Cove... Won't be able to get on the water before 8am... Buddy driving from Independence. Maybe I can find the piles, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Shorts, you gonna share those spots with the rest of us or you gonna bogart them for yourself? http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/images/smilies/smile.gif

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have GPS coordinates for the brushpiles (Don't have a GPS) but Gary will be glad to mark the locations on your map. (He'd probably appreciate it if you bought the map from him) I fished two on the south side of the entrance to Sailboat Cove... Follow the 20' contour line until you see the brush on your graph. Less than 50' from the bank. There was another boat fishing the same piles. Neither of us caught anything. The sun was up and the wind was from the east... Gotta blame it on something.