Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Okatibbee

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okatibbee

Fished Okatibbee this afternoon. Windy, cold, water temp 56. Caught our fish in 10 to 14 ft of water near the bottom. The bite was slow and we picked up 6 keepers and a few throwbacks just here and there. They are scattered. The lake is very low with 20 to 30 yards of sloping bottom showing on the banks.

What are you guys doing? Why are there no reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Did you go north of the bridges? If so what is the water level? I have not had a chance to make over there as of yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I did not go north of the causeway, just stayed in the main lake. The water is so low right now that fishing the north part would be impossible short of staying in the creek channels. It's really low. Why do you think there are no posts or reports on the fishing? I thought that was what this forum was for (in part). What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why there are not many reports. Seems to me that there are not very many posts at all in the MS forum! Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Went to oaktibbee Friday. The water is still low but the spawn is on. We caught about 75 with about 15 throw backs in about 2.5ft of water. The 60 we that were over 10 in. were good fish!!