Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arkabutla Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkabutla Lake

Is the lake ready to be fished? Or should I try the spillway(elbow creek)?

Post Thanks / Like

The main lake at Arkabutla is so low and muddy I would call it unfishable this time of year, and way too dangerous to put a medium/large boat in. The only place you should try in my opinion is walking into the backs of creeks or at the spillway. The water was up below the dam yesterday, but it looked new. As it stabilizes fishing should be pretty good there this week.

Post Thanks / Like

any updates on Arkabutla? I am purchasing a boat this weekend and would like to test the motor on the lake? Do yall think it'll be ok for that?
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman
    any updates on Arkabutla? I am purchasing a boat this weekend and would like to test the motor on the lake? Do yall think it'll be ok for that?
    thanks
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but... absolutely not. It sounds like you are in the northwest part of the state so go to Sardis or Tunica if you want some water to test a boat in.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wading @ Arkabuttla

Hey, waxworm. I was wondering if you wade Arkabuttla for crappie. I used to years ago with a friend. I let him do all the thinking and I never paid attention to what the water stage of the lake. Now he has moved off and I would like to give it a try. Thanks for any info you can provide. Rusty

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Fishingpox
    I like to wade the the lake at 225. There is plenty of shallow stuff for them at that stage, but not to much stuff if you now what I mean.
    Biguns only:D

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly, we would start around the first of April, but I was thinking we might have given wading a try in March. What time do you start?

Quote Originally Posted by england
    Hello Fishingpox
    I like to wade the the lake at 225. There is plenty of shallow stuff for them at that stage, but not to much stuff if you now what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends on the fish, sometimes mid to late march bust more times than not early April. They will start on the north side first.
    Biguns only:D