Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake sinclair or julliete report

crappyfisher Guest

Default lake sinclair or julliete report

hi, i'm new to this board and was wondering if anyone has been to either one of these lakes (sinclair or juliette) since the rain this past week. I can't decide which to fish and was wanting a second opinion. Planning on heading out saturday or sunday. Has any one been having luck at either lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappyfisher
    hi, i'm new to this board and was wondering if anyone has been to either one of these lakes (sinclair or juliette) since the rain this past week. I can't decide which to fish and was wanting a second opinion. Planning on heading out saturday or sunday. Has any one been having luck at either lake?
    If you are going for crappie I would head to Sinlcair.....Juliette is VERY TOUGH to even find crappie at....not to mention if you have a outboard over 25HP you can crank it.....

Also- here is a post I put on another reply about my recent trip to Sinclair:

I would certainly try Beaverdam Creek and also head out to Nancy Creek if you can, I was up there less than 2 weeks ago and caught 23 in less than 4 hours.....they are starting to move shallower, so I am not sure if they will still be up that way.....the water is about 17 - 28 ft deep and we were finding them suspended somewhere between 7 and 11 ft or so.....

We slow-trolled with 16 rods....single rigged 1/16 and 1/32 oz jig heads, mostly AWD, tripple ripple and Kalin's rigged on as our baits....we caught most of our fish on some flavor of green. (i.e. tree-toad, green crawfish, green/black w/ firetail, etc.) We trolled approx. 1.0 - 1.4 mph, we also hooked up with about 6 - 7 good size hybrids up there too.....

Let me know how you do....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Juliette is a tough lake for crappie, you can forget trolling, all my success has came from casting jigs and/or floating minnows in the standing timber. You wont catch alot of them but they are usually pretty good size to the ones you do catch. Launch at Holly Grove and start your fishing in that area, then work your way out along the boat channel fishing the coves along the way. You will catch more yellow perch than crappie, but they are just as good to eat.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Welcome

Welcome to Georgia Crappie.Com Crappiefisher, WE are happy to have you join us here on this board. If you go to Sinclair, let us know how you do. Good Luck! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    Yeah, Juliette is a tough lake for crappie, you can forget trolling, all my success has came from casting jigs and/or floating minnows in the standing timber. You wont catch alot of them but they are usually pretty good size to the ones you do catch. Launch at Holly Grove and start your fishing in that area, then work your way out along the boat channel fishing the coves along the way. You will catch more yellow perch than crappie, but they are just as good to eat.
    Yeah, trolling is impossible on Juliette, if you can figure that one out, take me and show me how.....

We have tried night fishing there on a few occassions and did okay, the quality is great if you do find them, but they are tough to find...
    ><)))*>

crappyfisher Guest

Went to juliette and got skunked. Got checked by the dnr and they said nobody was doing anything. Just to cool right now. I'm surprised, b/c the only consistent way to catch them at julette is by trolling. In the late spring and throughout the summer, trolling is a gaurenteed way to catch them. It tooked years of fishing htis lake to figure this out but I one day by chance figured it out. So i'll let yall in one a little secret. Put in at the main ramp by the park. Now, you would think that the crappie would stay in the standing timber........ but i have found that the weed lines on the main lake in 14 feet of water are the magic spot from about the start of may through the summer. Another key is that they only bite 30-45 minutes before dark and then usually shut down about 20-30 minutes after dark. I guess the weeds have to fully develop in order for signicant cover. Anyway, I troll minnows and occasionally cast a jig that mimics a minnow and do very well with the crappie and ocassionally some hybrids. Try this and i can almost guarentee you success. It's amazing how many ppeople will come in empty handed and are amazed at how i catch'em. The only draw back is the thunderstorms that seem to show up everyday at this time but sometimes they can be jsut as fun to watch as catching the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

That is great info, I might have to try the troll out there again...I don't believe I have given it a fair chance after all.....

Although, I can't put in and use my big motor no more because it is too big, how far is it from the main ramp to get to where you can start trolling???

Thanks for the post!

Quote Originally Posted by crappyfisher
    Went to juliette and got skunked. Got checked by the dnr and they said nobody was doing anything. Just to cool right now. I'm surprised, b/c the only consistent way to catch them at julette is by trolling. In the late spring and throughout the summer, trolling is a gaurenteed way to catch them. It tooked years of fishing htis lake to figure this out but I one day by chance figured it out. So i'll let yall in one a little secret. Put in at the main ramp by the park. Now, you would think that the crappie would stay in the standing timber........ but i have found that the weed lines on the main lake in 14 feet of water are the magic spot from about the start of may through the summer. Another key is that they only bite 30-45 minutes before dark and then usually shut down about 20-30 minutes after dark. I guess the weeds have to fully develop in order for signicant cover. Anyway, I troll minnows and occasionally cast a jig that mimics a minnow and do very well with the crappie and ocassionally some hybrids. Try this and i can almost guarentee you success. It's amazing how many ppeople will come in empty handed and are amazed at how i catch'em. The only draw back is the thunderstorms that seem to show up everyday at this time but sometimes they can be jsut as fun to watch as catching the fish.
    ><)))*>