Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mounting question.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Mounting question.

What would be the best type anchor to mount a pole holder (4) to a fiberglass deck?

Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I figure since you're asking it like that, you can't get to the backside
    to washer n nut it - that stinks when it's like that. I'm really sold on
    fender washers and nylock nuts, but you just can't get to some stuff.
    Anyway, I'll move it back to the top for ya
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff is right about the nuts and oversize washers. If you have wood or composite under the laminate, you should be able to mount with stainless screws about 11/2 to 2" long, at least #10 or larger. Course, the larger the base, the better, also. Another way is to use Wellnuts. They work very well in glass boats because of the thicker material in the decks.
    If you're using the 3/4" X 11/2 base with two screw holes in it, it would be better if you either welded it to another piece that is larger (3X4) or attach it to another piece with flush head bolts(The bolt heads on bottom in countersunk holes). This gives you a bigger base to spread the load out over more than two screws. Good luck .

If I knew what size pole (thread size) you were using, I could make you one at the plant and send to you. Most of them use 1/2" threads for mounting.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the perotti built rod holders. the base is about 3 inches (circular), and has 4 screw holes.

I'm almost positive that the floor is fiberglass only. No wood.....

Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you take a picture of where your going to mount then?
    I am like Jeff. Sure would be nice if you could get in under there. a lot of time's you can remove a liner in a compartment and get your hand back to some spots.
    Good luck.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I'll see about getting some pics. No way to get under there. There are no compartments up front to remove. Woulda made sense to have a way to get under there on a crappie boat.......:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone
    I'll see about getting some pics. No way to get under there. There are no compartments up front to remove. Woulda made sense to have a way to get under there on a crappie boat.......:rolleyes:
    I know if it were me. And I owned the company. You can bet that the front deck and back would have been beefed up. To the point that would have allowed any rod holders a person would care to mount in the deck. To have a thick plate to screw into for that reason.
    Think if you got in touch with the company they have have been smart enough to have thought of that? And have it built into the boat also??
    Good luck
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

That's why every boat builder needs to keep his ear to the ground. His boat customers are always the best engineers.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ss Anchors

GARELICK EEZ-IN HAS A STAINLESS STEEL TOGGLE BOLT ANCHOR THAT MAY WORK FOR YOU. YOU WILL NEED TO DRILL A 1/2 INCH HOLE FOR THE INSERT. THE INSERT HAS 1/4-20 THREADS. I HAVE MOUNTED "T" TOPS TO DECKS WITH THIS ANCHOR. THEY HAVE A WEB SITE.

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Monk, do you have those new Driftmaster rod racks yet? The rack looking thing that holds 8 rods horizontal?

Dayton
    (My wife says that if you come back to Bass-a-rama next year, I ain't allowed to go! Hahahahahah!)