Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance Sucks too...

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance Sucks too...

You gotta get Map Create to manipulate their SD stuff. Pull the sd card. bla bla bla. All these priority conscious manufacturers suck. You can upload and down load waypoints with generic software with most handhelds. Why so yucky with the PODs? I can't believe it. Most of us don't leave these expensive gadgets in our boats. We, (well I do), take these babes in out of the cold. So why not let us play with them in the house? This is logical to me.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That brings up a good question. I think I'll do a poll on it out of curosity.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

You can hook it to a 12volt battery charger and play away. I personally only name waypoints as I get home everything else I do on the water. I also save data from different lakes at home. I would love to be able to be more interactive, but the extra cost will not help my fishing enough for me to pay it.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits
    You can hook it to a 12volt battery charger and play away. I personally only name waypoints as I get home everything else I do on the water. I also save data from different lakes at home. I would love to be able to be more interactive, but the extra cost will not help my fishing enough for me to pay it.
    I use to name mine but I realized I was just cluttering up my screen with names so I went back to just numbers. It makes them easier to see especially when you have several close together.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ummmmm

I've caught a lot of fishes in my lifetime. I mean thousands too. I figure they prob cost me about $200.00 (conservative quesstimate) a pound and the cost keeps going up. I am addicted to gadgets.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If I didn't spend so much on gear my wife wouldn't get as many roses
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    You gotta get Map Create to manipulate their SD stuff. Pull the sd card. bla bla bla. All these priority conscious manufacturers suck. You can upload and down load waypoints with generic software with most handhelds. Why so yucky with the PODs? I can't believe it. Most of us don't leave these expensive gadgets in our boats. We, (well I do), take these babes in out of the cold. So why not let us play with them in the house? This is logical to me.
    Lowrance does have a free application for working with waypoints. You do need to write the internal points to SD card. The catch is to erase the internal points before loading them back on the unit from the SD card to avoid duplicates.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Let me tell you why Lowrance sucks. You can't get Tech service on the phone. The same goes for LEI, the software department. I have spent over 4 hours waiting, total, over five different days, and can't speak to a person at either department. I've tried different times of days and have been calling for the last three weeks with no luck. Not the service I expect after a $500 purchase. This is my second high dollar GPS from them that has been plauged with problems. The first one I returned. When the stuff works its great but no tech support means no more Lowrance for me. Three months ago I was able to reach them after many hours of trying and they got me rebooted and working in just a few minutes. Now I can't reach 'em. Save yourself some problems and avoid Lowrance products. Don
    Last edited by percher; 09-14-2007 at 04:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a used electric train contoller from the flea market, puts out a nice clean 12 volts DC. Velcro a cig. lighter outlet to the side of it. Crude but it works.