Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Social Security

Post Thanks / Like

Default Social Security

This was sent to me in an e-mail and thought I would share it with all of you.

Please send this on to as many people as you can..

You've got to read this all the way through to the bottom.

I HEREWITH FIRMLY STATE THAT I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY POLITICIAN, REGARDLESS OF THE OTHER ISSUES, IF HE DOES NOT SPONSOR AND SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING LEGISLATION. THAT INCLUDES EVERYONE STANDING FOR ELECTION IN 2008. LET US SHOW OUR LEADERS IN WASHINGTON "PEOPLE POWER" AND THE POWER OF THE INTERNET. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE WITH ME ON THIS BY FORWARDING TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT!

KEEP IT GOING!!!!
    2008 Election Issue!!

GET A BILL STARTED TO PLACE ALL POLITICIANS ON SOC. SEC.

This must be an issue in "2008" Please! Keep it going.

SOCIAL SECURITY:
    (This is worth reading. It is short and to the point.)

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.

Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.

You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.

Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments..

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275, 000.00 during the last years of their lives.
    This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA..! ZILCH...

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds;

"OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK "!

From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer). We can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.

Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator! Bill Bradley's benefits!

Social Security could be very good if only one small change were
    made.
    That change would be to:

Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us.

Then sit back.....
    And see how fast they would fix it.

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve.

How many people CAN you send this to?

Better yet......

How many people WILL you send this to ?
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

This is very good and true and I support it 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

Feel free to copy this to an e-mail and send it to everyone in your address book.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    Feel free to copy this to an e-mail and send it to everyone in your address book.
    I have seen it or something close to it for the last 3 elections. It ain't gonna happen. THe only ones that can change it are the ones getting it and there is no way on this earth that ANY of them are going to rock that boat.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

it's nice. Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a subject well worth addressing. It's been given a lot of lip service lately, but not recently. You'll notice that every one of the candidates for Pres. sidestep the issue, even though the warnings are loud and clear. The system was in trouble 20 years ago and is worse off today. It will not get any attention until we all march to Washington and camp on the White House lawn like the WW1 vets did and a few of us get our butts shot off by our own troops. I'm not above doing that if I thought it would do any good. It would if enough of us got together and put our faces on tv and in the papers waving banners, white hair bristling, with that "mad as he!$ and ain't gonna take it anymore" look in our eyes. These young whippersnapper politicians don't realize that they are fooling with old hippies who've been known in the past as being the most activists generation that's ever hit this planet. It's time we brought all of'em down to earth, humble them a bit. Did you know we'll outnumber them by a whale of a margin in 5 years? What's wrong with us?
    We gonna sit on our butts and let the young minority tell us how the cow eats the cabbage? Shame on every one of us for allowing it to happen. What we need now is another George Wallace, Huey Long, or Sonny Montgomery to lead the charge, someone who knows how to get the attention of the politicrats and put'em on the spot in front of God and the whole country.