Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: searching for water

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default searching for water

This is how dry it has been here lately. My deck is about 4 feet off the ground with 6 steps going up to it. On the deck is a bench 18 inches high. On the bench I had a 5 gallon bucket about half full of water & Miracle Gro mixture. Friday afternoon I found this little fellow swimming around in the water.

Tried to scoop him out & he jumped up on the side of the bucket & just sat there. Don't know what his (or her) original color was but it was a grayish white when it came out.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

Post Thanks / Like

I think we have had alot more moisture in this part of Va than ya all but back in June it was dry and ya started noticing alot of otherwise random animal movement-had fox running right thru the yard here and groundhogs scurryin around.
    Better watch that critter with that Miracle-Gro, ya gonna have a knock on yur door, 550 lb frog looking for a handout of flies.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Why I Bet As Dry As Its Been And With That Bucket All To Himself, He Thought He Must Be In Frog Heaven.

Post Thanks / Like

Its so hot and dry here, I was out helping with the cattle the other day and stoped long enough to relieve my bladder. Heck I looked down and there was a group of ants fighting over a drink lol
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Default frog identity

Hawkman;
    The frog in question is a tree frog.
    If you had looked at his feet you will see suction cups at the end of each toe.
    When he exited the water he was able to attach himself to the side of the bucket with those toes. The gray color is a natural color.
    Last Thursday during the heavy rain we had at the house, I was uncovering the boat and I found one on the cover. I guess he left the ground and was trying to find high and dry ground during the "FROG STRANGLER" rain we were having. One of my rain gauges showed 3.19" of rain in about 1 1/2 hours
    Flycaster
    Last edited by flycaster; 08-28-2007 at 05:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by horseshoer
    I think we have had alot more moisture in this part of Va than ya all but back in June it was dry and ya started noticing alot of otherwise random animal movement-had fox running right thru the yard here and groundhogs scurryin around.
    Better watch that critter with that Miracle-Gro, ya gonna have a knock on yur door, 550 lb frog looking for a handout of flies.
    Just think what a pair of legs on him though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster
    Hawkman;
    The frog in question is a tree frog.
    If you had looked at his feet you will see suction cups at the end of each toe.
    When he exited the water he was able to attach himself to the side of the bucket with those toes. The gray color is a natural color.
    Last Thursday during the heavy rain we had at the house, I was uncovering the boat and I found one on the cover. I guess he left the ground and was trying to find high and dry ground during the "FROG STRANGLER" rain we were having. One of my rain gauges showed 3.19" of rain in about 1 1/2 hours
    Flycaster
    Yeah, rub it in. I don't think we have had 3 inches of rain in the last 6 months.

Thanks for the ID on the frog. Probably explains how he got up there.