Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be carefull

Post Thanks / Like

Default Be carefull

I sent my Lowrance LMS 332C into Lowrance a couple weeks back for service.
    They told me it was a flat fee of $149.00 plus shipping.

Last week my fishing buddy called to get service on his LMS332C and they told him it's $200.00 flat fee for service.

I've just about had it with Lowrance.
    Even after being a dedicated user for years now.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to bash but it's nice to know how a company treats you. the good and the bad. Thanks
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Try hummingbird they can take abuse and have the best technology on the market. Birds are simple to use and there custumer service is AAAA+++++!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a matrix 25 that died after 6 monthes. They fixed it, can't remember how much the service was, but it doesn't extend your warranty when you get it back. It just died again a couple weeks ago. My other finder is an eagle and I haven't had a lick of trouble out of it.

depends on the day it was made, one could run trouble free for years, the other will die in 6 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird

Be glad to have that Matrix 25 checked out for you. You should not have a unit that gives you problems like that in such a short time. I guarantee you that is not the norm with Humminbird Products. I can have my technician take a look at it for you. Send me a private email with your name, address etc.
    Eddie@Humminbird

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up That's Great

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie@Humminbird
    Be glad to have that Matrix 25 checked out for you. You should not have a unit that gives you problems like that in such a short time. I guarantee you that is not the norm with Humminbird Products. I can have my technician take a look at it for you. Send me a private email with your name, address etc.
    Eddie@Humminbird
    That right there is why I have birds! I have a Matrix 87c & a 585c right now and I'm fix'n to buy a 797 or a 997 when I get off this ol'towboat. :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a LCX-104C from Cabelas on clearance. It failed shortly after I got it. I called Lowrance for a warranty repair. They told me they only warranty discontinued units for 3 months. Because mine was now a discontinued unit, they would repair it out of the goodness of their hearts because it was a few days past 3 months. I informed the guy that out of the goodness of my heart, I would be returning the unit for a full refund and buy a Humminbird, which is exactly what I did.

Cabelas advertised the LCX-104c with a year warranty. They were suprised that Lowrance had refused the year waaranty. But the lady from Cabelas said that Lowrance would refund them fully and she gladly took care of me. Cabelas has been fantasic to deal with. That deal also told me alot about Lowrance which I gladly left behind me.

Post Thanks / Like

im seriously thinking about the 997si. and i think eddie just sold me on it. I have Garmin right now and love them and the service to. but i want to try that side imaging thing out.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It's all about good service. They are all good units as long as they work. It's only when you have a problem that you find out how much you like them or hate them.You know I'll take you out and try it any time you can when ever you get home. Two hours notice is enough time for me. LOL. Sure wish it would be for oct. 13th.
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

You will not regret buying a 997 I reccomend the NVB also. I have always used Humminbirds they are simple to use and seem to last longer than anything my friends have tried. I had a lowrance I hated the setup menu. I had a garmin on my new boat and it went out less than a month old at tourney, go figure! I have watched many others fight the power up problem with LOWRANCE. Bottomline is worse! My fishing partner has been through 3 transducers on his Garmin, he told me the other day the screen was a mess and he was going to sink it in a bamboo condo and buy the Hummingbird. You don`t know what you are missing till you try one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast