Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I just need to vent

Post Thanks / Like

Default I just need to vent

A young man that I have known since he was born has had a tough year. At 17 years old his parents decided to divorce. He was living with his mother who decided that he was cramping her new lifstyle so she kicked him out of the house. He got a job and was able to get his own apartment. He then turned 18 and decided that he wanted a career so that he and his girlfriend could be married and be secure. He chose the Army as the career. He had to go for two days to take his exam and physical. Because he missed two days work the company he was working for fired him.The reason they gave was that he was working for them through a temp service and he was no longer needed. When a young man decides to serve his country you would think that everyone would be proud and stand behind him It seems to me that this company did not feel this way

I feel that this is a thoughtless and uncaring act. Please let me know you think.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

What company and also My advise is ADVERTISE what this company has done. Tell all the media you can. Shut their butts down.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

The name of the company is GEN 3. It is a small company that makes comercial kitchen products. Had he not been working through a temp service they would have no legal right to let him go. Since he was considered temporary he has no recourse.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

He might no have any recourse, but if you will advertise what the company did and let everyone know what the company makes or does, bet you can get a boycott.

Post Thanks / Like

You let the military know and they will handle it for ya.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Find out who supplies them. Let them know what happened as well. Their head honcho may be an ex Military man or woman. Then they will be in a world of hurt. But then on another note, how many other employees are there and do they have families? That could also be a problem.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911