Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Those Of You Who Have Hunting Fever

Post Thanks / Like

Default For Those Of You Who Have Hunting Fever

Here are some pics for those of you who have Hunting Fever. All of the deer were either taken at our small farm or south of town where i have another spot to hunt. All of the live shots were taken at the farm. Hope this doesnt make your HUNTIN FEVER go up. lol

Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics! It's too hot to think about hunting, the pictures do get me wishing for some cooler weather. When it cools off, I'll get the fever.

Post Thanks / Like

The pic of the young kid with the deer is my youngest Son. He shot it when he was 7 years old with a 410 single shot. He is the same one who is sitting on the tractor with the single shot 20gauge.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Thats some nice looking bucks you got there. Not very often we see them with racks like that in our lease. The deer never really have a chance to reach full maturity, cause if we don't shoot them when we see them, the outlaws will get them at night. Although my buddy did have a few nice 8pts on his game cam last year and year before that I killed a 190lb 8pt. and a few years ago a guy got a 10pt but it only weighed around 175lbs.
    I think I may try bow hunting this year, it will start my season earlier.
    Thanks for the pics.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I'm talking about, I have a son and one daughter that also hunt ages 9 and 10. Don't get to take them until october bacause thae land I'm hunting from aug. to october is industrial owned land you must be 18 yrs old to hunt about 3000 acres with 8 employees plus one guest thats on a list he can carry only that one guest, luckily I get to be the guest the whole season.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you need help cullin the herd. Be more than happy to come help you out!!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

This last deer season I was out south of town on one of the places I hunt. Wasnt going to take the gun because I had to get up very early to go to the VA Hospital in Amarillo for my appt. I decided to take my video camera instead. Boy I shot me the nicest 8 point whitetail with my Sony Video camera. Sure was nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pictures of deer and family. I see that you don't have the trees that we have in north la. I'm getting the fever already. We have had so much rain in this area the briar's, vines and under growth is out of control. I started bushhogging last week and almost ran over a box stand the under growth was so thick. We shoot six pts. or larger on our lease. I don't know if that helps or not. I'm putting out corn Saturday Ill post a few deer or a bunch of hogs.
    Last edited by randallewis; 08-15-2007 at 05:07 PM.
    Later RL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by randallewis
    I started bushhogging last week and almost ran over a box stand the under growth was so thick.
    I know where you comming from, I went last saturday and bushhogged my area, and the stuff was about 6ft tall. We don't have all the trees yall have in north La either. Yall got hardwoods, ours is mostly pines now. I am hunting a big firelane around an 80 acre plantation.
    Last edited by jlaughlin72; 08-16-2007 at 06:58 PM.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

No we dont have the trees here. We have mostly mesquite here. You know its funny you guys talk about bushhogging. I am from South East Texas originally where there are plenty of pine trees. The language is different here in the Panhandle. Where East Texas Bushhoggs, they shred here. Where they fish in a pond in East Texas, they fish in Tanks here lol. But I will tell you another thing. I remember as a kid driving by places that may be 100 acres in East Texas and they call them a ranch. Heck I remember fighting a grass fire in 1994 that was 34000 acres here outside of Paducah and that was on only one ranch lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast