Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird 997

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 997

How do most of you have your 997 mounted? My primary fishing method is long line trolling and I'm thinking about putting the transducer on the trolling motor, since that's where I spend most of my time. Any pros and cons to the trolling motor transducer versus the transom transducer? Also, do they make a ram mount or any other type of mounting brackets for the 997? Thanks in advance for any help.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

I got a Cabelas magazine this week and saw one in it and they are also online at Cabelas....Don't know if they are anywhere else or not though.
    I tried to paste the link but didn't work...you can to Cabelas website to the boating section and they are listed in the accessories. I imagine that if I had on I'd put it on a RAM so I could take it off when I'm sleeping at hotels on those weekend trips...

Post Thanks / Like

Check with Darryl Morris he has one and I like his setup. I would make sure its easily removed and stored in a safe place.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the top of the imaging screen fatherest away from you? not sure how to interpret the screen?
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default On my 797

Top of the screen is closest to under the boat. The dark color is the water column from the td to the bottom, features on either side are things you have just passed. How far back they are depends on boat and chart speed. You can move the cursor over an object and the screen will tell you how far back and how far to the side the cursor marked point is.

CrappieDan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiechappy
    How do most of you have your 997 mounted? My primary fishing method is long line trolling and I'm thinking about putting the transducer on the trolling motor, since that's where I spend most of my time. Any pros and cons to the trolling motor transducer versus the transom transducer? Also, do they make a ram mount or any other type of mounting brackets for the 997? Thanks in advance for any help.
    i have one on my trolling motor and works fine just dont do like i did one time and ram the living piss out of the trolling motor in a bunch of trees cause i couldnt get out lol. my be worth to buy extra transducer if your impatient like me cause i bout destroyed my first one lol.i also have one mounted on my transom also..i totally love the darn things..have put me on way more fish then my old lowrances..dont know bout the ram mounts tho but imsure they door you can fabricate or get something fabricated for it