Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just got back from Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Just got back from Missouri

Made a run up to Lebanon to visit the kids and Grandkids, thought I'd take some warm weather up there with me. From the sound of things I just might have left a little to much. That'll make up for the snow you sent us down here on Easter morning. Turn about is fair play they say. lol I did enjoy the visit up there though. One of these days I'll get to fish for something besides trout. Daughter-in-law took us past the Castle out of Camdenton and down across the lake and a long road back to HWY5 but what a pretty place, seen the house we want. Now to hit the lotto. hehehe Love your country up there. Ferdi from "Hotternheck, TX.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Next time you come up please take the heat back south with ya it has been unbearable around here for quite a while....that is some pretty country in that area plus some awful good fishin in the cove below the castle,next time you're up give the crappie a shot and leave those nasty trout alone
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ferdi, did you all hit Bennett Springs again while you were up here this time? How'd you do?

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default No fishing this trip

Didn't make it to Bennett Springs this trip. Just visited and played with the Grandbabies for 3 solid days. What a joy they were. I definately want to do some crappie fishing when we get up there for more that a long weekend. The Mrs. still works, I can't anymore and she won't hear of me going without her. Might have to pull one of those "Ask for forgiveness instead of ask for permission" things an go up by myself. hehehe Down here it would be called "Justifiable Homicide" if I returned and she had her way. hehehe That cove right below the castle is the one where the house we liked is, the number is 30 but can't remember the rest of the address. Even the 3 year old granddaughter said she could come up and go fishing with me all the time. hehehe Hope your weather gets better but you know how the Dog Days Of Summer are, we are all in for some heat. Gonna have to start the nighttime fishing after Saturday morning fishing. Ferdi

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from Lebanon (Bennett Springs) yesterday. I was down from Sunday to Wednesday and had a blast trout fishing (fly only). Standing out in that cool water was the only way to tolerate that heat! I even got hold of a two pounder for the first time. You just have to think that the close strike indicator watching is practice for light crappie bites. Besides, the poles are close to the same lenght :D Too bad trout doesn't freeze very good- I ended up C & R ing most of the fish except a couple eaters.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure miss fishing down at bennet, getting up early just to head down to get to a spot before the horn goes off. The only thing better than fishing bennet in the summer is fishing during the winter for catch and release. My best yet from BS was a 4lb rainbow.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion