Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Waccamaw River runner

WaccamawRiverRunner Guest

Default Waccamaw River runner

Hey Fellas,
    New member here just thought id drop a line and say Hi. Been reading the forum Very Interesting. Im anew Crappie Fisherman Just started last season. Got my boat rigged out this year for some serious fishing. Been 3 times this yr so far caught about 40 fish. I kept 40 fish caught about 60 if i had to guess. Most Bites been around 15 ft using live shiners. Most Fish ive been marking on my sonar are suspended. Going to the Santee Cooper lakes this weekend to mark some prespawned fish in hopes to pinpointing a good spawning area. SC Lakes are new to me been there a few times fishing for cats and bream.
    Well guess ill close for now Take Care Good Luck Fishing

RIVER RUNNER :p

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard waccamaw. feel free to jump in and put your two cents worth in anytime. Hopefully we will get some guys posting pretty regular, which is a big help to everyone who is fishing.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you going on Santee?
    TheHawg

Hawg i thought about putting in at bonneau beach and check out the lower lake.mainly check out the 15 to 20 ft range. maybe mark some fish see if they migrate in a few weeks . any suggestions? any help sure is appreaciated.

River Runner :p

Post Thanks / Like

Man that's big water. If it's windy, be careful. I want to try the East Dike between Bonneau and Short Stay. I used to catch alot of bass there this time of year. I never tried crappie there, but I heard that when the sun begins to warm the rocks on the dike, that it is a good place early in the year. I have also caught crappie in the north east corner of the lake (Russelville area), but that was before rediversion. As you can see, I've been away from fishing for a while (I just got a boat again last week). If I get a chance, I think I'll try Jack's Creek this weekend. I like to fish the upper lake.
    Let me know how you do this weekend.
    Take care,
    TheHawg

Post Thanks / Like

WRR,
    Did you make it to Santee,or was the weather too bad?
    I raked leaves on Saturday and Sunday was a washout.
    TheHawg

No Hawg Didnt make it u was right too windy so i stayed in the river caught 20 keepers and thru back about 10. hopefully soon i will go. this weekend im going back to where i caught the last 20 maybe they will be turned on better than hopefully the following week i will be at angels landing. slow trolling for some giant spawners I got some pictures made but cant figure out this new digital camera to save my buttocks maybe soon thought. good luck all see ya soon