Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Found out how good my heart was

Post Thanks / Like

Default Found out how good my heart was

I know I am just asking for a big laugh at my expense but heck its all in fun anyways.
    Just the other day I was at the farm of an elderly man I help out. He has asked me to tear down this old house out there, so I decided to go in and get some of the doors to make some crafts out of and look at what else I wanted at that time. Well I took my trusty Marlin semi auto 22 with me into the house just in case I saw me a rattler. I walked in the back and was almost in the kitchen area and dadgum here comes the 2 biggest white barn owls right at me. One hit the left leg with a wing and the other the right leg with a wing. Both trying to get out. Heck I was so darned scared I couldnt even get my dadgum gun up to even shoot (since I thought they were coming at me). My GOD I thought I was going to die right there and nobody was around to help. Bout near pooped my pants. Well they got out and then so did I. Glad I didnt get the gun up because I aint ever ate one of them and not going to start.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Talking That sound like a gotcha

Oh, that was good. We need to get our pumps going once in a while. I have been there, wow. Look around to see if any one was watching. Then after words we can laugh.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I laugh now but nearly needed toilet paper then. Im just glad I didnt scream like a girl lol.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

well, least you didn't shoot yer self in the laig or sumthin! Just kiddin, know a fellow that shot a hole through his shoe one morning walking in to deer hunt. Just missed the end of his big toe! He was goin in before daylight and this owl flew right over his head, said he felt the wind on his face from its wings, and scared him so bad he accidently pulled the trigger! I told him that he really ought to use the safety, and don't walk with a round in the chamber. He said he was too afraid that something might attack him. I said you need to be more afraid of yourself than the critters around here!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

One morning, I was putting down a dirt road about 20 mph on my motorcycle and some sort of big (really REALLY BIG at the time) owl got between me and my windshield. He didn't seem to patient and flapped/hissed/clawed all over the place while I was getting stopped and untangled from him. He got freed, wafted off, and lit on a big branch about 40 yards away....looked at me as if to say, "OK, what WAS your problem mister?"

I took a couple breaths, had to laugh, and rode off to work.

'silly critters..... :rolleyes:

Tommy