Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: gps help/questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default gps help/questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I am sure this has been brought up before but I am having trouble finding the answers and the ones I did find on the forum made no sense to me( technologically defecient ) But the question is will the lowrance maps works with map create? I know the lowrance has spots already marked but I also want to add my own. Can you do this on the computer or only the GPS? I have the H2OC and have not used it much yet since I have no mapping software as of yet.. So long story short can I use the 2 item below in tandem?

http://www.tigergps.com/lowrancefhspnorth.html

http://www.tigergps.com/lomausatoacp.html

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Map Create 6.3 and a Fishing Hot spots Elite card. I think the answer to your question is no but what you can do (and I have a lot to learn) is load Map Create in your computer. With it you can now create maps selecting the info you want (ie roads, cities, boundries, etc) and then load that onto a MMC or SD card. This can then be loaded into your GPS. You can also manage your waypoints with Map Create and if you have the Hot Spots card, that can be loaded into Map Create giving you more detail.

Waypoints created or loaded to Map Create can also be loaded on your Hot Spots card then into your GPS. If all you use your GPS for is fishing then I would say you don't need the Map Create program. But if you want to use it for driving, hunting, etc then Map Create is great for that unit.

As far as loading a Map Create program and then the Hot Spots card in the H20, I don't think it will work as I believe the card has to be in there while using that particulat program. I also have a unit with 2 card slots. I put the Hot Spots in one slot and a blank card for recording what the sonar sees. I've never tried puting a Hot Spot card and a card created from Map Create in it as I've never needed that.

A lot of rambling I know but I hope that help some. Hopefully some more people will jump in here as I'd love some new ideas.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

ok after read non stop for what seems to have been hours I have found out the hot spot card come loaded with map create 7 already. I would guess since I have a card reader for my computer I can put all this info on the computer when I get it. I have seen a bunch of post that people talk about storing way points and cribs on the computer. I am guessing that they just load everything over but card and do not type all that info in

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmjokerr
    ok after read non stop for what seems to have been hours I have found out the hot spot card come loaded with map create 7 already. I would guess since I have a card reader for my computer I can put all this info on the computer when I get it. I have seen a bunch of post that people talk about storing way points and cribs on the computer. I am guessing that they just load everything over but card and do not type all that info in
    Waypoints are stored in a GPS Data File (*.usr) so that would be the only one you would need to transfer to your computer or back to your card. But you will need a program to work with them. Hopefully some one can recommend one to you.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish they (the manufacturers) would come up with some standards so that these devices could work together. Sure would help us weekend warriors. Want happen. It is about the money. They all greedy. Besides, it gives tech reps a job so they can bloviate.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Canepole,
    I was looking on Tom's Stuff page and I noticed you are using CruzPro and was wondering how that is working out !! What tablet have you got mounted? I've been using Pats' maps since they came out and I like the overlay on the tablet pc. I would like to see your setup sometime. I fish north KY. & Barkley . Catchin30 has Invited me down to check out his work boat Labor Day and he is an hour south of the pump house and I was wondering about a joint adventure !! I like your stuff !! Tanks a lot !!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!