Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are My Graphs any good???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are My Graphs any good???

I have an Eagle Ultra Classic and an Eagle Magna Veiw, the ultra is the bigger and more costly unit, does anyone have one of these and how the heck do I find brush piles with them, I am lost, can my depth finders even find brush?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familiar with the Eagle products, but you will be able to find brush if it's set up right. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you with your unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyRock
    I have an Eagle Ultra Classic and an Eagle Magna Veiw, the ultra is the bigger and more costly unit, does anyone have one of these and how the heck do I find brush piles with them, I am lost, can my depth finders even find brush?
    I have 2 Eagle Ultra III's and a Eagle FishMark 480, a much newer unit and there is a world of difference in the units, the 480 is by far a better unit. The Ultra's are much harder to interpret than the 480 with its greater number of pixels. So much sharper.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

So what your saying is I need newer units,lol. Is there anyway to set the ultra up to find brush? Do you set your sensitvity high or what?

Post Thanks / Like

I have two Eagle Fishmark 480's mounted in my boat. I have one on the console and one on the trolling motor. I am will pleased with the units. I think they are excellent buys for the money.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i geuss it's time to upgrade, how do you see brush piles under the water with a graph???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good news

Yes, you'll be able to find brushpiles and stumps with your units. Your Magna only has 100 vertical pixels and 275 watts. The Ultra Classic has 160 vertical pixels and 600 watts of power. What you won't get is the great resolution and extra power of the newer units, but you should be able to get by fine as long as you keep that in mind.

Things to help include running your sensitivity as high as you can without too much cluttering on the screen, turning off those annoying fish symbols , and maximizing your depth range. By that I mean try and run in manual so that you can set the bottom depth as close to the actual bottom depth your in. For instance, if you are looking in 15-18' of water, have your unit manually set to the 20' depth screen. In auto your unit might try and switch you over to 40' and when it does that you lose resolution. You'll need the most resolution you can get.

Beyond that, don't worry about seeing fish as much as finding brush. Brush will look like a clump attached to the bottom of your screen, almost like a hump. When you are first trying this it will help if you keep a marker buoy handy. The minute you see what you think is brush toss it overboard. Then go back to the marker and try and sit right over the brush. It should show up well on your depthfinder at that point. Drop your crappie rig down to the bottom and see if you can feel the brush or even hang up. Just do this enough times until you get comfortable with knowing that what your depthfinder shows as brush is actually that. Once you have that confidence, then you can sit off to the side after marking and either troll or cast around the spot, whatever method you prefer.

It will also help if you make sure to run your chart speed at 100%. That will help with update rate between what you see on the screen and what is actually underneath you. But as soon as one of your old units dies, I'd be looking into a Fishmark 320 or a Fishmark 480. :D

-T9

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks partner, that was the info i needed right there. The magna on front is starting wig out a little so i will put the ultra on the front and buy me one of those fishmark units for the helm.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle Graphs

Go to www.eaglesonar.com they have lots of information and they even have a tutorial that brings your graph up on your screen and teaches you how to use it
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I used the manual on the ultra and did decent tonight, it really helped show structure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast