Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: If?

Post Thanks / Like

Default If?

http://www.dnr.ohio.gov/wildlife/reg...regs/lines.htm
    It is unlawful to set, use, or maintain more than six floatlines in all public waters of the state of Ohio less than 700 surface acres. Floats must be of nonshatterable material and bear the name and address of the user. Floats must be freely adrift and be attended by the user at all times. Treble hooks are unlawful. -----IF a bobber is used for your float, would it be legal to fish 6 (crappie) float lines? and what if hula hoops were attached to your boat and the bobbers were floating within the circles?? with a long handled net, you could retrieve the floats....or maybe set 2 floats per line. when the one goes under, the 2nd would still be floating and could be retreived? just crazy ideas! lol

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question prowler ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler64
    http://www.dnr.ohio.gov/wildlife/reg...regs/lines.htm
    It is unlawful to set, use, or maintain more than six floatlines in all public waters of the state of Ohio less than 700 surface acres. Floats must be of nonshatterable material and bear the name and address of the user. Floats must be freely adrift and be attended by the user at all times. Treble hooks are unlawful. -----IF a bobber is used for your float, would it be legal to fish 6 (crappie) float lines? and what if hula hoops were attached to your boat and the bobbers were floating within the circles?? with a long handled net, you could retrieve the floats....or maybe set 2 floats per line. when the one goes under, the 2nd would still be floating and could be retreived? just crazy ideas! lol
    I may be wrong, but ....

I'm thinking that ruling is in reference to "jug fishing" ... and not related to the use of "bobbers" for Crappie fishing. (it's the "set, use, maintain" portion of the rule that makes me think this way ... also "nonshatterable material" would be a reference to not using glass bottles)

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

How about a jug with a bobber on the line?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question For what purpose ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler64
    How about a jug with a bobber on the line?

would you need a bobber ?? I'm not really following the concept ... are you thinking in terms of Crappie fishing with this setup, or exploring the idea of the wording of the law

...cp

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like they're talking jugging to me too, But I suppose if you wanted to set out bobbers as mini jugs (with or without the hula-hoops) it would probably fall under that reg. I'd find it easier to simply bring 6 rods (spider rigging anyone?) - easier because you can just reel the fish in instead of trying to get the bobber in a net or worrying about the bobber escaping from your hula-hoop, or possibly hooking a green carp that would take two bobbers and run off with them, etc.

I gotta give you credit for creativity!!!! That's what they call "thinking outside the box"