Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Has anyone used an underwater camera

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone used an underwater camera

so they can better understand their fishfinder? Would it show enough to give you a lot better understanding of what they are seeing on their finder.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them and they will show whats down there if the water is clear if its stained forget it.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I got myself one for this last Christmas, and finally had a good opportunity to use it the other day, when we were into a bunch of bluegill. Water was a bit muddy because they are draining the lake down to nothing. What a rush it was when I dropped it down 12' where the fish were marking, and immediately had a nice gill looking me square in the face on the screen! They swam right up to the camera to check it out, being the curious type.
    I could see fish a few feet away, but really not far at all. I'm sure clear water would be awesome, like the high mountian lakes we have in the Cascades. I do plan to observe some Eastern Brooks with this thing before the year is out.
    Here lately, with the COE emptying the lakes as fast as they can, leaving fresh crappie and bass and bluegill beds high and dry to kill the eggs before they can hatch, the fish are scattering and when we do find a school, it's out in the main channels very deep where the wind is blowing hard and no way to hold over them to get the camera down. This year is pretty much shot for fishing our favorite lakes, but there are a couple nearby that have never lowered their water levels, because rich people live along the shore and they have their own docks. Wouldn't want to eat the fish, but there's plenty of them.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

The water has to be VERY clear to see much of anything on the one I bought. I wish I had used the money for a better fish finder. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there more than one type of underwater camera and if there are which one is best? I would really love to see what the camera shows as compared to my fish finder.

Post Thanks / Like

I learned most of what I know about them from this site and Google. If you'll go the the "search" bar at the top of this page, and type in: fish camera, you'll be busy reading for hours. Then take that info, search Cabela's, BassProShops, and Ebay for underwater fish cams and you'll start feeling like an expert in the field. But until you've used one you never really know.
    I'm still glad I own one, but hey I could live without it. It's not easy to loook down there at just anything you find on the fishfinder, unless you're one heckofa boat captain on one heckofa calm lake. Some of the newer sonar out there is amazing but expensive$$$. Almost takes a picture of the bottom.
    Whatever you do, make sure to check out Siscoken's crappie cam videos. They're great, and I've figured out how to aim my fishcam UP at the fish too if I want to. Good luck!

Is there more than one type of underwater camera and if there are which one is best? I would really love to see what the camera shows as compared to my fish finder.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek: