Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm headed nightstalking tonight on Halawakee(a) creek

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb I'm headed nightstalking tonight on Halawakee(a) creek

I just had an idea. I want to go fishing right now. Looks like a good night. The temps will be perfect. I have not fished the night shift for a few months. I will find out how the night bite is going. I have nailed them in Feb. in years past, but not every year. Wish me luck.I'll get a shot of the sunrise for ya...

Strategy- 1 green light on each end of the boat and a floating white beam in the middle. Gonna use some Rosy Reds and shinners. This will be my first trip with the rosy reds at night. Plus, if the shad get to schooling I'll flick off the light for a second and dip up a few. I am going to work the bridge and train tressle until about daylight then see how my condos wake up in the morning.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sounds great. I love night fishing. Problem is...I'd have to learn to rig up my canoe with lights to make it legal. If I could manage that I would be out there for sure. Hope you catch em up.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Falcon Smitty- Night Fishing

Falcon Smitty, I wish we were closer together, I sure like the way you fish. I hope you put a hurting on them tonight. I went this evening just before dark in a small lake, It has some good crappie in it but I had no takers other than a bass about three and a half pounds. O well I didn't get skunked. I still can't load and unload my boat by myself, Don't want to injure that new knee. Just a little while longer and I hope to catch up for lost time.Skillit, Papasage I hope you guys catch a load. Good luck to all! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck...I will check back tomorrow to see how you did!!!

I have been itching so bad to fish it isn't even funny!!!!

I am going either Saturday or Monday.....or both!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with ya Smitty!! I do the night thing on Allatoona too! I have some homemade flourescent lights I made a few years ago that work great. I have 2 four footers and 1 two footer that covers one side of my boat. I put spring clamps on them and they are very easy to mount. Several of the marinas have tires around them and I tie up on the outside edge of the tires. Once the shad move in the crappie usually soon follow. My youngest son loves it. I usually wait until the nights are a little warmer if you know what I mean. Hope you tear em up!
    Fishhead

Post Thanks / Like

Well the night fishing wasn't to good. Small crappie and a bunch of catfish.
    Right at daylight I rigged up to troll. the action started then from jumpstreet. I caught about 20 crappie(12 keepers), 7 green carp, 1 small striper and the biggest crappie I ever landed. 19.5 inches and it weighed 3.6 lbs. Had a blast. Had the lake to myself until noon. When I first got to the river 2 guys said they had caught 10 but they quit biting. Sure did but they turned on a daylight.. :D

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

here are the keepers minus big boy.

Post Thanks / Like

That is sho nuff a nice one Smitty! Thats a good lookin' stringer too!
    Is Harding also known as Goat Rock or is that another one in that string of lakes?
    Again, that is one nice fish!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Slab Crappie

Well Falcon Smitty, You da Man. What a nice crappie! Most of us dream of catching one that size. I know he will be hanging on your wall. Way to go ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Fish!!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast