Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hot wing dipping sauce ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Default hot wing dipping sauce ideas

I am looking for dipping sauce ideas for hot wings. I have a blue cheese sauce already. Any ideas will be helpful.
    Put a smile on a little face, take a child fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cholula

Hey Hookset, I like blending a hot sauce (Cholula in my case) right in with the ranch or bleu cheese -- it kind of makes in an all-in-one sauce. Just add as much hot sauce as you can stand. Come to think of it, the ranch version of that sauce may be good with some fried crappie...
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Keep me updated on the HOT wing sauce :p
    enjoy life while you can FISH

Post Thanks / Like

are you talking "Buffalo-style" hot wings?

if so, you need Louisiana hot sauce (cayenne pepper sauce), with "Frank's Red Hot" being the original when Buffalo style wings were invented at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.

Big bottle of Red Hot in a medium sauce pan, add half a stick of butter - more for milder, less for hotter. simmer for about half an hour, stirring often.

Fry, bake or grill the wings. For fried or baked, put the cooked wings in a large bowl and ladle sauce on them , then toss with tongs until coated.

On the grill, I like to baste them with the sauce several times while they cook.

Serve with chunky blue cheese dressing and celery.

You can make them even hotter by adding a dash of habanaro sauce (like "Mike's After Death Sauce"), but be careful with that stuff - it will kick the heat up several notches with only a dash, and may be waaayyy too much for some people..

YUMMY!
    Last edited by joejv4; 06-27-2007 at 01:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

joejv, I use Franks and butter to coat my wings. I was looking for another dipping sauce besides blue cheese. thanks.
    Put a smile on a little face, take a child fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Ahhhhhhh!

OK... The biggest second choice around here is Ranch flavored dip for chips.

Post Thanks / Like

I too am always looking for a new "sauce" for dipping, grilling or whatever. I have a good friend who is Japanese and his cooking is strongly influenced as such. One night he had us over for supper and he made some steamed asparagus. He made a dipping sauce with mayo, soy sauce and black pepper.
    It was awesome. I don't know how it would be with buffalo wings but it could'nt be bad.
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

If the wings are good enough, no need for dipping sauce!

Post Thanks / Like

i don't measure anything when i cook so each time it's a little bit different. here's one of my favorite sauces, i call it buffalo honey bbq. i'll guestimate some amounts for you, but adjust to taste. like i said, i don't usually measure anything and taste as i mix to get it exactly how i want it for that night. and by the way... it's great on fried striper bites and chix fingers.

1/4 c. franks red hot
    1/2 c . ketchup
    2 tblsp honey
    1 tsp minced garlic
    salt
    pepper
    1 tbls lemon juice
    2 tblsp of worcestershire sauce
    2 tblsp of cider vinegar
    1/4 stick butter

mix everything together and simmer all ingredients for about 20 mins (not entirely necessary but it helps to thicken the sauce).

Post Thanks / Like

franks,butter, half a lemon, and any off the shelf blue chese or ranch....i tried thousand island once and wasnt to bad either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast