Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My pics. wont post... help please?

Post Thanks / Like

Default My pics. wont post... help please?

My pics. are too many kb and the site wont let me post them. Ive tried to cut quality in my camera settings to reduce kb and still wont work. Trying to share a few pics with all in the world of Crappie people such as myself. Any help would be appreciated.
    A Crappie-Day is a Great Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Upload them to www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com and it'll resize them for you.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also reduce pictures using PAINT.

Right click on photo. Scroll to open with and select (click) paint. This puts the photo in Paint. At the top tool bar, click on IMAGE. Scroll to stretch/skew. and click. Type in 20 horizontal and 20 vertical. then click ok.

then do a file save as whatever you wanna call it or wherever you wanna place it save. I usually save to the desktop.

File save as: (name) save in: (desktop)

this reduces the pictures to 20 % original size.

try this. it easy.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Also in Paint you can stretch or skew them to the correct size and save in JPEG format. Look under IMAGE. Be sure and stretch/skew equal sizes.

To reduce i usually stretch 45% skew 45%. Save in JPEG.

old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    You can also reduce pictures using PAINT.

Right click on photo. Scroll to open with and select (click) paint. This puts the photo in Paint. At the top tool bar, click on IMAGE. Scroll to stretch/skew. and click. Type in 20 horizontal and 20 vertical. then click ok.

then do a file save as whatever you wanna call it or wherever you wanna place it save. I usually save to the desktop.

File save as: (name) save in: (desktop)

this reduces the pictures to 20 % original size.

try this. it easy.
    Whenever I read Toms post it makes me feel important and I ain,t got no earthly ideal what he,s talking about [ha]
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What Ship says is true. save as type (select jpeg ). select this option at the drop down menu.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, what Tom and Ship said. Don't go changing the photo quality on your camera - you might just want prints, and you'll want them to be high quality.

Photobucket will resize them for you, and if you have software that came with your camera, you can resize and even change the jpeg compression of the image to make the file size smaller.

Post Thanks / Like

I find resizing them to 640x480 makes a nice posting size. Download and use the excellent free picture program Irfanview. Use irfanview to resize to the above size - Image tab - Resize, then go to the File tab - Save as - name the pic and put it somewhere you can find it on your hard drive. Sign up with photobucket and upload your resized pics. Copy the IMG url below the pictures in photobucket for each pic and just past it in the text of the post.

Let me know if you need any help.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Simply...

They make it sound so simple,:rolleyes: I had the dickens of a time figuring it all out, I ended up printing the instructions and practically taped them to my screen while I followed them. Now it does seem simple, so don't give up, I LOVE seeing everybodys pics
    Good luck!
    What makes a better lightning rod than a graphite fishing rod? NOTHING!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Take good notes

Buffy, and others

Posting a Picture on any website
    Copy the code that start with [img] and paste it to your post and end the code with [/img]

Example:

Ok... let's consider now the case where you have no website, your images are on your C drive and you would love to share them with us. There are some websites that allow you to upload images (here you have some of them):

http://imageshack.us
    http://www.imagevenue.com
    http://imgspot.com

All you need to do is go to one of the addresses shown above. You'll find a browse button that will allow you to choose the picture you want to upload from your computer. Then you just need to accept and after a few seconds you'll get a list of addresses of your image (in different formats). You can choose the plain address (the one that starts with http and ends up by jpg or gif) and follow the instructions above to display it in the forum or, you can directly choose the code that is given by the image site for display in forums. You just need to copy the address they give you and paste it directly into the forum.

Now you are "Schooled/"

old ship
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 06-19-2007 at 08:13 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.