Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Delete Threads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Delete Threads

How do you delete threads? I have some in the test area that are not contributing anything. I get this message, "The message you have entered is to short." Help please.
    Later RL

Post Thanks / Like

Default P.m. Ck

CK has LOTS of experiance on deleting threads. He should set you straight.

Post Thanks / Like

bam!
    incognito....... here fishy fishy fishy

Post Thanks / Like

hehehehe, if everybody didn't have such tender little feelings, he wouldn't have to delete threads and posts

Quote Originally Posted by mudwitch
    CK has LOTS of experiance on deleting threads. He should set you straight.

Post Thanks / Like

If I am not mistaken, there isn't a way for you to delete your own "thread" I think you can only delete your "reply" to a thread. Other than that you would have to ask the moderator for that board, or edhead to delete it for you.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Randal ...

Quote Originally Posted by randallewis
    How do you delete threads? I have some in the test area that are not contributing anything. I get this message, "The message you have entered is to short." Help please.
    Don't worry about any posts in the test area. Ed is constantly updating and upgrading the site's resources ... so space isn't a problem, even with the many pictures and posts.

I'm pretty sure that any member can "edit" their own posts ... such as when you duplicate a post or submit a post/reply that you later want to remove (for whatever reason). On any post submitted - look to see if there are two blue icons at the bottom right of the message. One should say "Edit" ... the other should say "Quote". Click on the "edit" link and it should let you "soft delete" the message. The post won't disappear, and the subject (title) line will still be there ... but, the message can/will be removed. You can put in a "reason" for the deletion, if you want, but it isn't necessary. Only a Moderator can "physically remove" a post or thread ... and not all Moderators can even do that. Some can only "soft delete" the message (text content). I can (and occasionally do) delete any and all posts/threads on any part of the site. As Administrative Moderator, I have that capacity. I do, occasionally, when time permits ... remove "test" posts, soft deleted posts, & classified/swap posts that are still around (and have outlived their usefulness). I do this to keep the site "cleaned up", and so that Ed doesn't have to add memory resources, so often.

.... cp
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 06-14-2007 at 07:38 AM.