Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rosie reds

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default rosie reds

has anyone fished with rosie reds much? Found a place that sells them and wondered if anyone has really noticed a difference in crappie catches. Have fished a few times and noticed I caught more small bass with RR, but not a real difference in crappie.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerry Blake

Talk to Jerry Blake about this one. First time I used them was with Jerry. I can tell you that Rosy Reds are tough little burgers. They stay alive a lot longer when you put them on the hook verses reg minnows.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

check out this thread. alot of stuff about rosey in it.
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...ght=rosey+reds
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks Darryl
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Default David....

Quote Originally Posted by David Waters
    has anyone fished with rosie reds much? Found a place that sells them and wondered if anyone has really noticed a difference in crappie catches. Have fished a few times and noticed I caught more small bass with RR, but not a real difference in crappie.

I've had very good luck with the Rosies, along with many others in LA and AR. There have been times when I went back to buy Rosies when they wouldn't hit shiners, but to be fair, there have also been times that they preferred the minnows. Overall, they seemed to prefer Rosies more than minnows. One thing for sure, nothing is 100% in fishing, and the hardest part is figuring out where they are, and then what they want.

Post Thanks / Like

David, I fish Smith Lake here in Cullman. I have tried to find RR around here. Last fall and winter a man was having good luck fishing deep 30+ feet with no problem with them staying alive. That is all I know about them here in Morth Ala.

Post Thanks / Like

I use them every day and love the little critters. Much easier to keep alive than shiners in hot weather, in the bait tank and on the hook. In low light or murky water they seem to outfish shiners. In clear water with plenty of light crappie may prefer the shiners at times. They are easy to raise in a small pond and you can usually get them smaller than shiners which makes them good jig-tippers and good for fincky crappie.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've got about a half a pound in my fish tank right now. Been there four weeks in only eight inches of water, haven't changed it since, with air only, no food and they are doing great. Course, the cool weather has alot to do with it.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I used them Friday and caught great on them. Also had few standard minnows on. And took the standard minnows off at the end of the day.
    They sure are tough and live a long time. But being red, The color can't be what they like. AS where we were fishing , the fish would have a hard time seeing red. Red is one of the first colors to disappear ? Or am I thinking wrong. And I do that a lot.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I mentioned Rosie reds to the 2 biologists on our 4-H sportfishing committee the other day and was informed they are illeagal in Kansas. When we fished with Jerry a couple of years ago that was all we used and had a great day. Wish I could get them here but know they would be an introduced problem in our state waters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast