Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can't buy new boat engine on line. Crazy...

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't buy new boat engine on line. Crazy...

Have talked to several on line dealers this evening. Seems that they cannot sell "new" engines on line and ship to your address. Michigan, Ill, Texas, Calif dealers 500 to 700 bucks cheaper than local dealers for same stuff. I can drive to their locale and make the purchase, but not over the internet. Protected areas I guess. Really chaps my boodie to think that i have to spend that much more money for the same product just because of protected territories. I guess I misunderstand free enterprise. I can understand a few hundred bucks, but this is BS. Rip me off, but gonna get it anyway. Just sharing here.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I hear what you are saying Tom.

Capatilism has it's downfalls when there are monopolies on a product.

If you could buy a motor online it would be nice and save on state Taxes too.

Driving to pick up a motor would cost more in gas these days. And then you have to haul it back home and install it or have it installed properly.

Protected territories. Didn't they have those for Booze in the Roaring 20's in Chicago? LOL Maybe we need to talk to big AL!

Talk about corporte american. I ordered a pizza today and asked them to make the surpreme to just Peperoni and mushrooms and they refused. Said it for free. I always add another topping to the free pizza and then have them take off all the ham, onions, green peppers, sausage on the supreme and leave just the Peperroni and mushrooms on it. That way I get to of my favorite pizza for almost the price of one. I put them in the frig and eat them over a few days time. Saves me from having to cook. The manager of Pappa John's was not willing to take off the ham and sausage but took off three items only. That doesn't really make much sense to me. They could have sold me a supreme pizza at full price and save on all those ingredients that I didnt' want but corporate policy would not let the manager do that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Have talked to several on line dealers this evening. Seems that they cannot sell "new" engines on line and ship to your address. Michigan, Ill, Texas, Calif dealers 500 to 700 bucks cheaper than local dealers for same stuff. I can drive to their locale and make the purchase, but not over the internet. Protected areas I guess. Really chaps my boodie to think that i have to spend that much more money for the same product just because of protected territories. I guess I misunderstand free enterprise. I can understand a few hundred bucks, but this is BS. Rip me off, but gonna get it anyway. Just sharing here.
    would mess up their computer books or something. They have a special where if you buy one supreme for full price you get another one topping pizza for free. I always add another topping to the free pizza and then have them take off all the ham, onions, green peppers, sausage on the supreme and leave just the Peperroni and mushrooms on it. That way I get to of my favorite pizza for almost the price of one. I put them in the frig and eat them over a few days time. Saves me from having to cook

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Canepole, I don't think it has to do with protected territories. I believe the manufacturers want the engine installed by the dealership to insure it's installed properly and serviced right for their warranty protection. Most manufacturers require the dealer installation over a certain HP or if it's a remote motor verses a tiller motor. Maybe there's some liability question also. You know how that can go. A horse's patut buy's a motor online and sticks his hand in the prop while it's running, and then sues the manufacturer because he wasn't told it would hurt. Have you tried www.boatmotors.com? I'm not sure if they sell new old stock and can ship you the motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried this place online?

http://www.edsmarinesuperstore.com/
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead