Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Last night under Cross lake bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last night under Cross lake bridge

When to Cross lake last night and gave em a try. Caught these and three more 9 foot deep in 12 foot water. The ones pictured are 15, 15.5 and 16.5 inches. My biggest Crappie on a rod. No real patern, just one here and there. Shinnners with a Coleman lantern mounted 6 feet overhead. I wish I knew more about the lake but I'm determined and plan to go much more often. Would love to hear from anybody with any Cross lake experience for advice. Started at 7:30 and was home in bed by 11:00.

I released these and the others in my home lake to spawn. Percher
    Last edited by percher; 02-12-2005 at 11:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Percher....

Quote Originally Posted by percher
    When to Cross lake last night and gave em a try. Caught these and three more 9 foot deep in 12 foot water. The ones pictured are 15, 15.5 and 16.5 inches. My biggest Crappie on a rod. No real patern, just one here and there. Shinnners with a Coleman lantern mounted 6 feet overhead. I wish I knew more about the lake but I'm determined and plan to go much more often. Would love to hear from anybody with any Cross lake experience for advice. Started at 7:30 and was home in bed by 11:00.

I released these and the others in my home lake to spawn. Percher

Looks like you found some big boys under the bridge. Nice catch. I haven't fished Cross in a long while, but if you go straight North along the bridge to the bank, and fish it to the West you will find some prolific spawning areas that will be worth your while. BTW, did you get a water temp last night? Usually the males will start fanning nests in the low to middle 60's, and from there it just gets better. Also, if you go to the cypress woods they will be spawning there too, when the temp is right. Good Luck......