Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blueberry Lake Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blueberry Lake Report

I decided to stop by this little lake on my way home to avoid the traffic on I90 around 5 when I get off. Got to lake only to find out that my bait had died from being in my car while I was at work so I decided to try for a largemouth. Walked all around lake until I found a 2lb bass lying on a bed. I Cast Senko’s, lizards, and a pig –n-jig at him for 30 min and no luck so I head over to the only dock on the pond. I see trout taking flies right in front of the dock so I tie on a 1-inch crankbait and cast near their swirls. I hook a fish but it stays down and will not jump like a bass or trout. Get it to the dock and it’s an 11” crappie! I tie on a jig and bobber even though I have no bait, cast it next to the pads and have another crappie at the dock in a flash. With god as my witness I proceed to catch crappie on at least every second cast for the next 2hours, all from the same area right in front of the dock no more than 10’ out. I must have caught 45 crappie all from a lake that is no more than 5min from my job and is located on a busy street. If you can, go there now! The lake is right off of 148th AVE next to the blueberry farm, which is, were you can park and walk down to the lake. It’s known as Lake Larsen but everyone calls it Blueberry. I’ll have pics up by the weeks end.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the pics are so big lol. I need to figure out how to resize them next time. I went by the pond again yesterday and cought 27 crappies and one 2 1/2lb bass on a Senko.

Last edited by SlabKing; 06-09-2004 at 10:10 AM.

eric Guest

WOW! that is incredible,maybe I will scratch lk.union this wknd.and hit this lk. I have the address but Im not familiar with the exits coming off 405. Should I take my pram?Whichever spot I will hit,it will be most likely on sunday. Have you ever caught any white crappie before or all of the crappie in Wa. black crappie? Great shots,cant wait to see more.....eric

Post Thanks / Like

From 405 take the I-90 east exit and follow the signs to Bellvue Community College to get onto 148th. Head down 148th until you see a Blueberry farm on you right hand side, park here and follow the path to the pond. You can walk all the way around the pond and find some good crappie holes. The edge of the pads to the right of the dock are a good place to start. I think you can use you pram in here but check the regs on the WDFW site to make sure . I've never caught a white crappie on this side of the mountains but Mosses, Snake River, and Potholes is full of em. They seem to get bigger than the blacks but not as heavy. I've caught 15" whites that only went 1 1/4lb while the same size black would go 2 to 2 1/2lb.

Good luck if head out there this weekend it's a great little lake to fish and you will be the only one on it! Watch for fish braking the surface near the pads, these will be crappies. Just cast you jig near them a slowly jig it in no deeper than 6" under the surface. If that doesn't do it, clip on a small bobber about 2 feet or less above the jig. Cast this around the edges of the pads and slowly twitch - stop - twitch - stop it back to you.

eric Guest

I hit cassidy again yesterday and landed a few more and I caught another sunfish,so here is where my confusion starts.the fish I think are sunfish others think are bluegills.I have seen fishing shows and the bluegills are almost a purpleish,blue color with the blue spot or ear.the sunfish have a distinct yellow belly,are verry small and have a lighter colored body with a redish colored ear.
    there is alot of confusion and I have looked them up on the internet also.what is the difference?
    hopefully I will be able to go fishing tomorrow,my girlfriend is getting a little mad at how much time I am spending on going fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

The fish you are catching are called Pumkinseeds. You can find more info on them here: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/dnap/rivfish/pumpkin.html. There are very few lakes in Western Wa that have bluegills in them. The best ones that I can think of are Kapowsin, Tanwax and Silver Lake in Castle Rock. The bluegills get much larger, I've caught them up to 1 1/2lbs in Potholes. I have never seen a Pumkinseed get over 1/2lb or so.

eric Guest

I went to blueberry lk.today but only checked it out for next wknd.wound up fishing a pond in marysville and caught 2 sunfish and 7 trout.thanks for clearing up the confusion on sunfish,which they definately are.Ill have to try some of the lakes you recommended,especially kapowsin.

Post Thanks / Like

I love pond fishing. So many people get stuck fishing only bigger waters but most of the larger fish are found in ponds and un-named lakes that don't see as much pressure as the larger bodies of water do. Hey you live up North, have you ever tried Gissberg Ponds? I hear there are some huge channel catfish in there but have yet to give it a try. Green Lake has them too as well as Tiger Muskie. I have not got one out of Green yet but I have caught a few Muskie on crankbaits during the night.

eric Guest

I havent tried gisberg ponds yet but I had a friend who swore he was catching bluegills out of there so I have to give it a try.My dad used to take me to green lake and we used to fish off the dock by the island at night,we used to get 10 or 15 sometimes(catfish),they were bullheads,but they were great eating.I havent been back for at least 14 years so alot could have changed,I know I would love to catch a muskee,I have never tried it...back to gisberg,I also heard there are alot of crawdads in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I think I'll use crawdads for catfish bait when I head up there sometime in July.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast