Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They found your buckets on big Sandy Weezer and the work release guys.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default They found your buckets on big Sandy Weezer and the work release guys.

This is a location in Big Sandy near a moderate slope into deeper water. White dots have been placed on what is likely natural stumps. I doubt that whoever placed the structure, knew there were 30 (or more) other structural features less than 50 yards away.

Just a coincidence? Or is it? Thought of yall when I read this. Gotta get some bamboo..

Last edited by FalconSmitty; 02-09-2005 at 05:49 PM.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Side Scan

This side scan sonar has really given some folks the wedgie. It is his right to do this, but some people just think they own the water. More power to the " Scan Man". They way I look at it is he can't scan fast enough to keep up with all the stuff we put out. By the time he prints his maps, the are obsolete..lol...He will never find Weezers buckets. Water too shallow....hint, hint those concerned. Good point here FS. funny!!!!
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty
    You didn't include the waypoint location.....LOL
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default In the water

The waypoint is BR549.867-5309. The buckets are over yonder across from the dock over by the bank. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, what he said. lol
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

that looks like my truck falco smitty
    retired and now i will always fish

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papasage
    that looks like my truck falco smitty
    79 Ranchero 351 cleveland. Great car/truck. We got it for my son in the pic.
    I have a 69 Chevy truck. I love the classics.

hey fb are you sure they are in the water? lol

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty you're to smart for me thought i could trip you up and you'd at least PM them to me. LOL
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this thread and at first I thought I started it. I posted the Kentucy Hydrographx link today and went to the web site and also noticed the new blood river stuff. I also saw those white things and immediately put two and two together. I have seen these sidescans before but not until I found out how Richard Does his White Buckets did I start to realizes that maybe others put out buckets on KY lake. Pat seems to have located some of the other buckets as the picture on his web site is in pretty deep water. Richard put his buckets in pretty shallow water. Crappie spawn pretty shallow at KY lake. I have seen them in less then 2ft of water. Actually I saw someone pulling slab after slabe out of 2ft of water in the back of Cypress Bay. So I don't think that the picture on Pat's web site is the new buckets that Weezer and the Chain Gang put out last weekend. Just check out the trees in the back ground and you will be close to Weezers spot. Harder to do than it looks. LOL But I would think that they were getting the gravel for the buckets really close to where they put the buckets out in the water. And I figure the buckets are not too far out from shore. I know that they are along a very small drop off (1.5ftdrop) So it's mostl likely along a secondary break point that is formed when the water is at winter pool of they are along a ditch or creek channel. Since most creek channels are pretty steep at KY lake then I think it's at the back end of a bay along some ditch drop off. But I am just speculating right now. LOL Since I don't fish KY lake like I use to I really won't be using any of weezers spots. I do plan on fishing with Cane Pole and Cane Pole knows more spots on that lake that we could ever fish in a lifetime. LOL

It was fun to see that I was not the only one that put two and two together on the white buckets. Before I learned how Weezer did his white stumps I was scratching my head over what those white things were on the sidescans. Now I know exactly what they are. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Those buckets will not be white for very long. By the end of March they will be a dark brown color. No white will be visable.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast